PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

Conner
05-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Be careful all my fellow crappie fishermen and women. Holiday's are not my favorite time to fish. In fact, I will stay home this weekend. But if you are going to be out, be extra careful and remember the veterans. Conner.

CrappiePappy
05-28-2004, 09:25 PM
to those before me - those on the line now - and those who will be in the future !

I'll be sitting home as well - but only because all the local lakes are flooded and trashy ... :mad:

....cp
(US Army - 8th Army Command - Quartermaster - S. Korea '69-'70)

Don G
05-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Have a safe and family oriented Memorial Day. I spent a few Memorial days at sea. I didn't catch a crappie in the Mediterranean.......lol........Remember the Vets.

US Navy-HS-3(Helicopter Anti Submarine) 1960-1964

S10CHEVY
05-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Weather here isn't much better. Water levels are over summer pool. Rain every day, can't even put in our garden, so we planted our tomatoes and peppers in barrels cut down the middle and layed on their sides.

USAF 1970-1974

fishingpox
05-30-2004, 07:35 AM
Seems like I might get to go fishing this Memorial Day. The wind has been blowing here 20 plus miles per hour here for 9 days. Today 35 mph. Thank you men and women who is, and have, serviced our armed forces. It is because of you I have so many rights. I'm grateful to you. Rusty

Moose1am
05-30-2004, 09:52 AM
I sure hope that Memorial day is nice and sunny and warm. Wish safe travel to everyone.

I almost went fishing last Saturday. I ended up cutting grass instead. It was nice Saturday and very little wind.

Most of the lakes are muddy and above summer pool since we had all this rain. The Ohio River is way up and rising to flood stage next Tuesday. But the tributaries may be fishable still according to the local newspapers reports.

I may fish Monday it the weather is ok.

Gas is still around $1.97 a gallon so I won't be driving very far this weekend.

Weather here isn't much better. Water levels are over summer pool. Rain every day, can't even put in our garden, so we planted our tomatoes and peppers in barrels cut down the middle and layed on their sides.

USAF 1970-1974