Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Some Advice on Planning Crappie Camps

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Some Advice on Planning Crappie Camps

Chaunc and I are in need of advice, on planning a crappie camp here in western Penna. Penn/Ohio Valley Crappie Camp, at Pymatuming Lake May 20, 21, 22. This lake is in both states. So I will make a stickie on the Penna board, so that you with experience can tell us the things that work. Topic will be Crappie Camp Advice. Here is the link http://www.crappie.com/crappie/penns...e/#post3290554

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc has attended some of our West KY gang's "Shindigs" ... so he should be able to compare situations & come up with some good suggestions on what's needed & how to set one up.

If not, you can always look on the KY forum and search "shindig" ... or even "Spring Fling" and check out the threads associated with those two "get together" events and get some ideas.

If you have food, prizes, close lodging, a picnic/pavilion area to set up the cooking, someone with the needed "cookers", and a fish cleaning station close to the place where the event will be held ... then you've pretty much got it going on. Anything else, like seminars on techniques or electronics setups or understanding depends on who attends.

Prizes can be solicited from site sponsors, Member Sponsors, local businesses, etc.
    Food & prep items can be obtained from attending members.
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CrappiePappy, but it's always good to have others perspectives on it. I knew that Chaunc travels down there, but didn't know he has been to some events.

Post Thanks / Like

I have helped plan a few, people on here are great about donating door prizes and just pitching in for any needs. The earlier you post the better. Post your plans and what you would like to see happen or do and take any offers that rise. Mostly make it about fellowship and just a good time unless you want to focus on tournament style outing then it takes a whole different scheme. Take a walk through some of the different states that have very good turnouts and read the threads on them, some great info and tips could be gained.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and put a thread up on the Ohio board to the original link in Penn board. TNT does that for Talquin, posts the event on Florida board and links it from Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted on the Ohio board about it, and have the other stuff about it on the Pa board with stickies, so that it stays at the top of the page.

Post Thanks / Like

Illinois Crappie camps are pretty good. Check out the IL forum, camps are stickied at the top.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Illinois Crappie camps are pretty good. Check out the IL forum, camps are stickied at the top.
    also the sticky on the KY board, we're planning a camp and you can check out a list of things needed in the way of food to help you figure that part out.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the info. This is why CDC is the best site on the net.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sticky works great but be sure and let people know it is there by a posting something a reminder in the main fishing forum. A lot of members never go to anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.