Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hal Fly - Name Your Favorite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hal Fly - Name Your Favorite

Wandering what weight and color for trolling you like? Do you like tipping them with minnows for an added edge? Let's talk Hal Flies!

Post Thanks / Like

I use all differnet colors until I find the ones they like. One of my favorites is a pumpkin with a cht. head and tail. Its also hard to beat the all whites.

What brand do you use? I use jiffy jigs. Check them out on their website.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yellow/green/green 1/24oz
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chet-fly

A Chet FLy in Sliver Pearl/Silver Pearl/ Grey......1/16-1/24-1/32....my design

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hal Fly

Can someone post a pic of a Hal Fly, I've never seen one, and how do yall fish it ?.

SRM

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Srm ...... FYI

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Can someone post a pic of a Hal Fly, I've never seen one, and how do yall fish it ?.

SRM
    Here's the Hal-Fly story - http://www.georgiasportsmanmag.com/f.../ga_aa021204a/

And here's the "jelly belly jig" itself -
    http://hal-fly.com/productcart/pc/vi...p?idCategory=4

....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hal Fly

Thanks crappiepappy, I really enjoyed that artical Mr. Barber, I think I might
    get me some of them jelly bellies.

srm

Post Thanks / Like

I use Green, Green and Green. Oh ya, I also use one that is green with a little silver spinner on it.....

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Christmas tree pattern of red /green jelly belly/yellow for trolling and for dock shooting yellow /yellow chenille/ white. Oh by the way Georgiaguy I use both Hal Flies and Jiffy Jigs. Both are really good. For those who may want to know the Hal Flies are made in Warner Robins Georgia and the Jiffy Jigs are made in Vidalia Georgia, yes where those good ole Vidalia Onions come from. These jigs are popular mostly in Georgia and Florida closest to where they are made. Crappiepappy thanks for posting that article on Hal Barber talking about him inventing the Hal Fly.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-19-2007 at 12:11 AM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb C-time ....

Quote Originally Posted by Countrytime
    I like the Christmas tree pattern of red /green jelly belly/yellow for trolling and for dock shooting yellow /yellow chenille/ white. Oh by the way Georgiaguy I use both Hal Flies and Jiffy Jigs. Both are really good. For those who may want to know the Hal Flies are made in Warner Robins Georgia and the Jiffy Jigs are made in Vidalia Georgia, yes where those good ole Vidalia Onions come from. These jigs are popular mostly in Georgia and Florida closest to where they are made. Crappiepappy thanks for posting that article on Hal Barber talking about him inventing the Hal Fly.
    I had heard about "Hal-flys", even before coming to this site, though I had never actually "seen" one (until recently). I've seen and used Jiffy Jigs, having won some of them, in previous tournaments they helped Sponsor. I've "seen" the "Chet Fly", that Grousefly makes (also a Sponsor of those tournaments), but did not come into possession of them. To be quite honest ... I really couldn't tell much difference between them. (though I've not had the opportunity to compare the three, side by side)

I do know that this type of jig (plastic body/marabou tail) is fairly popular at two particular lakes I've fished ... Watts Bar, E Tn -- Weiss Lake, NE Ala.

...... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast