Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Club for us aged speck fishermen!! Memphis, TN.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Crappie Club for us aged speck fishermen!! Memphis, TN.

Is there such a club, for older folks, say 60 & up? It would be neat, Tournaments begin at 10 and end at whenever. just a thought. At my age, certain things have to be done before fishing. We older folks have our limits but still want to have some fun! Any Ideas??
    Likes downsouth LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you have a good idea. Clubs may be more than some want to commit to, but a tourney for the folks you describe might be a good way to test the water and see just who in your area is likeminded. Hit your state board and post what you think might work. Some good folks out your way. My 2 cents.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Fart Crappie Club

Quote Originally Posted by trypman1 View Post
    Is there such a club, for older folks, say 60 & up? It would be neat, Tournaments begin at 10 and end at whenever. just a thought. At my age, certain things have to be done before fishing. We older folks have our limits but still want to have some fun! Any Ideas??

Shoot at 71 years old, I'm thankful just to wake every morning.... There use to be a group of older guys that had a club at Arkabutla & Enid call The Happy Trollers Club. I think most of them had pontoons, and meet early during the weekdays, and came in about noon. Don't know if they are still fishing. Ask around the bait shops, they might know.
    BTW some of the old farts are great jig fisherman, they will rub the bark off some of the timber.
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 09-19-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

An Old Geezers Crappie group sounds like a good idea. As you know, I'm not interested in tournament fishing, but it would be cool for some of us old folks the hang out and do a little fishing together from time to time.
    I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't all the guys and their age. Check the members list and see if their age shows, and connect em.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a thought, but I was hoping for some interest. Thanks for the returns.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe just throw out a plan, lake, time and so on. I think it would be fun, if not enough respond, no big deal....