Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Carpet for the Boat

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Carpet for the Boat

Hey I am putting new carpet in my boat, you guys recommend any carpet? I see Lowe's has some but it looks cheap to me and the indoor outdoor stuff looks better will it hold up or do I need to buy it somewhere else, just wondering if some of you have done this? The only difference I see in the two carpets is the indoor outdoor is more plush and dont have the rubber on the back. And the Marine carpet is thin in the plush area but does have the rubber on the back. Since I have coated the plywood in the boat with fiberglass resin seems to me either one would work. But I never dealt with this before so your input would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

You're best bet is the marine carpet, it's made to withstand the elements and other fishy concoctions that you will get on it.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drift_Wood
    Hey I am putting new carpet in my boat, you guys recommend any carpet? I see Lowe's has some but it looks cheap to me and the indoor outdoor stuff looks better will it hold up or do I need to buy it somewhere else, just wondering if some of you have done this? The only difference I see in the two carpets is the indoor outdoor is more plush and dont have the rubber on the back. And the Marine carpet is thin in the plush area but does have the rubber on the back. Since I have coated the plywood in the boat with fiberglass resin seems to me either one would work. But I never dealt with this before so your input would be appreciated.
    The marine grade will hold up much better.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift_Wood....

Quote Originally Posted by Drift_Wood

I've recarpeted my boat three times over a period of 22 years. Seems I've been lucky enough each time to find marine carpet at a carpet outlet that had specials on remnants. You may find the same deal if you look around.....it's sure saved me a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if you want to do this or not but i perfer vinal. It is easyer to clean last long and stuff does not get stuck or rubbed into it.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info I will get the marine grade. And for the vinyl, good idea but, I would probaly slip on it and bust my butt lol.

Drift_Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Post Carpet for the boat

We put in New carpet in our Fiberglass boat that we restored (1 1/2)years ago and glued in the Marine Carpet (gray) from Lowes'! Also, our neighbour put some in his boat last fall & it works GREAT!
    hope this helps!
    kermit
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

I put Lowes marine carpet in my boat 3 yrs ago and it still looks good. Need to do a little more work on it because I've got some rotten wood and that's where I'll go.