Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: g-rods international pro crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default g-rods international pro crappie

Has anyone used these rods? These rods are made of graphene whatever that is. Any reviews out there. These rods are definitely pricey.Just curious about them. I mainly use BnM
    Thanks
    James

Post Thanks / Like

From the price of them, they sure are proud of them.
    When guns are outlawed , I will be an outlaw.......

Post Thanks / Like

Too much for a rod you can't get your hands on first
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of the rods you are asking about but B&M and Southern Crappie are proven quality products. If I'm satisfied
    with the equipment I fish with I don't look for anything else. To ease your curiosity, buy one. They may be better than pockets
    on a shirt.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can bet I'll never own one, that pricing is nuts.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JEARNOLD View Post
    Has anyone used these rods? These rods are made of graphene whatever that is. Any reviews out there. These rods are definitely pricey.Just curious about them. I mainly use BnM
    Thanks
    James
    Here's what "that" is : In simple terms, graphene, is a thin layer of pure carbon; it is a single, tightly packed layer of carbon atoms that are bonded together in a hexagonal honeycomb

Kinda reminds me of the Mitchell Zero Gravity rods I have ... that are advertised as being "high molecular density carbon". Now, I will say that they ARE the lightest weight rods of their length that I've ever known, and they are pretty tough for as thin as they are ... and they are quite sensitive.

At those prices, though, I don't see them being in high demand from the majority of the Crappie fishing crowd. Even the "pros" & "wannabe pros" aren't demanding of "casting rods" ... since most tourneys allow the use of more than one rod at a time (unlike Bass fishing tourneys), so long hours of casting isn't the normal modus operandi.

Now, if they wish, I'd be more than happy to be a field tester for them & give them (and the membership) my honest opinion of their performance .... just like I did for BnM's Duckworth 8' Float & Fly rod, or ESP's 5'4" UL rod - 6'6" PowerLite rod - 9ft PowerJig rod. (though I'm guessing that I'd be in a very long line for that honor )
    Likes Rick W LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

G Rods came out this year with the same blanks from 2015 on their crappie and bass rods but had to cheapen up on the handles....guides. On the crappie line of rods they are using titanium guides with sic inserts but they are not made by Fuji. There is a line of bass rods they did the same with. They still have the high end bass rods...and trout rods......in the 350-400 dollar price range....using all Fuji components. I have read a lot about graphene but the way G Rods is using it is not making their rods lighter. I have several JDM rods in the 7 foot range that are exactly 2 ounces....no graphene in them. The G-Rods Pro crappie 7 foot rod is 3.3 ounces. As Pappy said not many crappie anglers will spend that kind of money on a casting crappie rod. Fenwick Elite Tech River Runner is a great rod close to that price range that is tough to compete against in the US domestic market. I don't know how well their crappie rods will sell...but for those that want to spend 400 bucks on a trout or bass rod there are far better rods out of Japan...and most folks spending that kind of money will buy the JDM rods. When the Japanese start making rods from graphene I will seriously consider getting one. Knowing them if they do use it a 7 foot rod will probably come in at 1.5 ounces.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I really like my BnM rods. I will just stay with them.

Post Thanks / Like

how much are yawl saying a G rod is worth for a crappie ?
    lost me yawl did on the price ? i think the price quoted to me was a bit over a 100 bux
    a bit on the high end for the way i ketch fish but they are super light and have backbone
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales