Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 9/12/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 9/12/16

It's been so hot & humid around here lately, and with some doctor's appointments going on for both of us, that Walt & I haven't had a chance to wet a line in almost 2 weeks! I was getting withdrawal symptoms! So.....yesterday, don't we have one H--L of storm come through, which drove the temps from the upper 80's down to the low 40's by evening. That's one heck of a cold front.

But, we are dealt with what we are dealt with, so we launched around 7:45 am this morning. (Staying darker later and since our night vision is not what it use to be, we wait until daybreak to start traveling.) The water temp was still 72 degrees, but the air was in the low 40's. Cold start. Wind was predicted, which is common post cold front conditions, but it was dead calm when we got there. Stayed that way most of the morning and when we pulled off at 1 pm, there were slight breezes only. Not good for us.

We even resorted to trolling! But the fish were having nothing of it. Our total for the day was only 22 fish. Most were crappie, with a few gills and even a yellow perch thrown in for good measure. This is, by far, the worst outing we've experienced on these waters in several seasons. I guess crappie are affected by cold fronts just like the bass are. Who knew?

Anyway, here's one of them huge bruisers we caught today (kidding!):

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  86.7 KB

It wasn't as if we weren't finding fish....just that they were not cooperating at all today. We marked many balls of bait with fish on them:

Name:  22_Feet.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  55.2 KB

We tossed straight tails, paddle tails, Roadrunners and just about every conceivable color combination. No dice. They probably figured it was time to mellow out and not eat. Not sure what else we could have tried, but we certainly went through the gamut, without much success. It was a delightful day to be out on the water regardless. Can't wait to do it again!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Still a good report....enjoyed it
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

With this taste of early fall weather, any day outside is refreshing! You'll get back in to them next time, I'm sure.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Always enjoy your reports, crestliner.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk