Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good, but Affordable Boat covers

Post Thanks / Like

Question Good, but Affordable Boat covers

Where is the best place to buy/order a good boat cover that isn't over-priced? I live in Southern Middle Tenn.

Thanks

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

academy sports . What size boat ?

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried "generic" boat covers from several different places and NONE of them are very good. The one I have now is guaranteed for 5 years and it's been 3 and it is already starting to go bad. The guarantee isn't worth sending it back for replacement.
    This fall I'm going to bite the bullet and get a custom made cover made with that "Sunbrella" material and hope it's worth the money.
    Might add my boat sits in the sun all the time as I don't have a place to get it under cover.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Try these folks. I have used them for a cover and a Bimini top. They are super to work with. They offer several fabrics, but Sunbrella is the top of the line and will last a long time. You can customize your cover or choose by boat brand and size. They are a turn key operation based in the USA in good old SC.
    You can check their surplus inventory also. Might get lucky and find your size at a great price.
    https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got one (Sunbrella type)for my Crappie Jon. It is now 6 years old and doing fine and still looks good. It is a semi-custom fit with the engine cover attached. I pull the cover banjo tight with the engine trim then I tie down with rubber stretch type cords.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to be driving hwy speeds with the cover on? If not and only want it for at home or driving slow speeds like gravel roads find a dealer that sells your boat. All the new boats have a heavy duty plastic cover on them. My uncle called up a dealer and asked could he have one and they just gave him one off of a boat they were about to sell. Eazy peezy and FREE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post

I got one (Sunbrella type)for my Crappie Jon. It is now 6 years old and doing fine and still looks good. It is a semi-custom fit with the engine cover attached. I pull the cover banjo tight with the engine trim then I tie down with rubber stretch type cords.
    Don't you have a stick steer boat? If so could you share the cover info. Most styles go from Jon boats to console steer boats. I have one that was for a Jon boat but it is not a good fit.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I have a custom cover for my boat and I LOVED it. But if you put a terrova or ulterra trolling motor on your boat a custom cover will not work because those trolling motors have to overhang the edge of the boat quite a bit. When I switched the ulterra the custom cover would just barely overhang my boat in the back. Resulted in 5 broke tips on PST's when it came off and flapped about 4 times in the wind before I could get my truck stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested as well. I need one for my 1648 flat bottom.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

If the ones from Academy last 3 years you will have to get 10 years out of the custom to come out on that deal . that's not counting shipping . jmo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast