Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long lining setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long lining setup

Let's hear what everyone's long lining setup is for pulling cranks? I'm newer to crappie fishing and I'm gonna give this a try in this hot weather. Thanks for any info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

2 each 16-12-8' B'n'M PST's, Shakespeare line counter reels, 10lb hi vis mono, snap swivel, and cranks. Hand painted c-55's and bandits. Few Arkie 350's and some strike kings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thanks. Those cranks look nice. I'm hoping I can create some as nice as those soon with some practice of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RK1 View Post
    2 each 16-12-8' B'n'M PST's, Shakespeare line counter reels, 10lb hi vis mono, snap swivel, and cranks. Hand painted c-55's and bandits. Few Arkie 350's and some strike kings.

Add a 410 b&m pole to the above setup so you will have 8 rods out,Long lining setup

Post Thanks / Like

I run two sets of spyderloc rod holders, b&m pst rods of 12, 10, and 8 feet off each side. Pulling bandit 300's in all flavors of pink, chartreuse, shad, black, etc.

I fish west point lake in ga/al, and have pulled cranks from 10 feet to nearly 16 feet deep in water ranging from 80-88 degrees. I've tried everywhere from creek channels, humps, points, over timber, main channels, and seemingly everywhere else....AND HAVE YET TO SEE A CRAPPIE EAT A CRANKBAIT.

I've boated enough catfish to fill the Georgia dome, even some spots and stripes but never a crappie. I can typically find a limit fishing minnows regardless of season but this trolling thing is something else. Im going to keep at it, probably pulling jigs as it cools off...but man, the learning curve seems pretty steep. According to the Internet you can waive a pink bandit a foot above the surface and crappie will jump in your boat! If anyone has done this on west point I'd love to hear about it.
    Likes blueball, Cane Pole, andywhitaker611 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBC223 View Post
    I run two sets of spyderloc rod holders, b&m pst rods of 12, 10, and 8 feet off each side. Pulling bandit 300's in all flavors of pink, chartreuse, shad, black, etc.

I fish west point lake in ga/al, and have pulled cranks from 10 feet to nearly 16 feet deep in water ranging from 80-88 degrees. I've tried everywhere from creek channels, humps, points, over timber, main channels, and seemingly everywhere else....AND HAVE YET TO SEE A CRAPPIE EAT A CRANKBAIT.

I've boated enough catfish to fill the Georgia dome, even some spots and stripes but never a crappie. I can typically find a limit fishing minnows regardless of season but this trolling thing is something else. Im going to keep at it, probably pulling jigs as it cools off...but man, the learning curve seems pretty steep. According to the Internet you can waive a pink bandit a foot above the surface and crappie will jump in your boat! If anyone has done this on west point I'd love to hear about it.
    It is best if the lake has a good white crappie population, black crappie not so much, that may be the problem, I run into this here in NC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBC223 View Post

I just caught my first crappie on crankbait today. 5ft in 25ft water. Been trying all summer. I cant seem to get it working

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

2 16's in front and 2 12's. Go to the back with 2 8's and 2 5's all in Spyderlock rod holders. Powered by my Evinrude E-tec with a happy troller attachmnet. Steering with my Minn Kota I-Pilot from the front.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Helps to have a good shad population. Look for the shad, you will find active Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

love my 410s
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post