HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: favorite curl tail grub

Post Thanks / Like

Default favorite curl tail grub

i've never been a big curly tail guy. most any i've ever used has always required too much movement to get a good wiggle to them. as i primarily vertical jig, i like stinger shad style baits, and triple ripples when they like to hit on the fall. This year I decided to try the fle fly go go minnows. it is a minnow body, curl tail lure. i've had really great luck with them and unlike most curl tails, they take almost no movement to really give that tail a good action.

the only problem is the only place i can get them is bass pro, which i do not like to give them any more of my business than i have to, and they only make a couple colors that i really like.

do you know of any curl tails similar to the go go minnow that doesn't have to be cranked at 5 mph to get a good tail whip? i have tried a couple others since and they have been terrible. thanks
    Likes skeeter96 LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried the go go minnows but I'm fixing to. You can order them off this site they r a sponsor.also souther pro
    curly tails works great with a slow roll.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Crappie Shad Pole CT. BEST by far. Fish seem to love them for some reason. The only complaint is the soft palstic sint very durable
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Monk's Minnow!

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

You can really save yourself some money by getting the Z-Man Curly Tail grubs....those dang things last forever...they also have get action because of the Elaztech plastic and they also float! Plenty of colors!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I do not use curly tails as often as I use to several seasons ago, but when I was using them, the best I found were the 2" tails from Netcraft. These days however, I tend to lean more toward the paddle-tailed grubs (i.e.: CB Sliders) and/or straight tailed bodies (BGBS).
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes kennypresley1 LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We fish a deep clear lake.The Number 1 bait on our lake is a Roadrunner with a Curly tail Grub.We are looking for a reaction bite from the blade from the Roadrunner and the tail action from the Grub.With that being said.The best curly Tail grub"in our 2 cents" is Arkie's 3 in Glow Color Grub's."can buy them in a 100 pack"This Grub catches fish especially in the fall.We like an 1/8 oz Roadrunner.Cast father and gets just a little deeper than the #1 spring 1/16 oz Roadrunner with the same grub.Most think a 3 in grub is to big its not.2nd is barlows "can buy them in 2.5 or 3 in Glow color Grub's"can buy these in 100 pack..Real close to the Arkie's. Our 2 cents hope this helps.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

kalins and then southern pro
    A man remembered never dies.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Luck-e-St...-Pack/50941193

This company was in Missouri and if you called them they would send them to you in bulk.I have used about all the colors....but black comet has caught the most fish for me. The only problem is their consistency in the color of the black comet...it needs to black back,white silver belly and tail and flecks of sparkle in it to be the best. Occasionally they turn out a batch that does not swim as well as others.Look at the reviews on this lure...you don't have to take it from me. I am not even going to try to tell you how many fish I have caught with them because you would not believe me.

BUT.....sometime about a year ago or so I started throwing the Shadpole CT...man those things are wicked. Thrown on a 1/16 oz jighead with the right hook size for the beefy body...fish are just totally fooled. You also need the right shank design to hold them well and preserve the bait because as mentioned they are soft.But the tail just goes crazy even on the fall...I pitch that thing in among em and you dont even have to turn the handle most times they will thump it on the fall.

I special order the "lunker grip" round heads from Lunker city.It's a pain and they are expensive but they hold solid body bait so well without damaging it they are awesome.I use other heads to but I always like to try have some ....they work great with the swimmin minnows...but you need the smaller hook size in the ultralite round head for the smaller bait. The CT need the bigger hook in the standard round head.

Post Thanks / Like

I like these. They came from Walmart, but can't get that color anymore around here. They seemed to work good on all panfish.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast