Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is "Sunlight Viewable" really viewable in sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is "Sunlight Viewable" really viewable in sunlight?

I've resisted going to a color graph because I've heard a lot of folks say they can't see their color graphs in bright sunlight.

Does anyone have a Humminbird 585c and is it easily viewable in bright direct sunlight and are you happy with it? I have a good combo Lowrance on my console but I'm thinking about replacing the Matrix 12 I have on my front deck.

I use a separate handheld GPS so I don't need a combo unit and I'm not interested in adding any other peripheries. The 585c appears to be one of Humminbird's top "Graph Only" sonar and it's a single, narrow beam graph, which I prefer. Also, it will drop right on the mount from my Matrix 12 and use the same shoot-through transducer that is already epoxied into my hull.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has one on his new boat and since the weather has been so bad we've only got to try it a couple of times,i was on the trolling motor and was impressed how well i could see it at all angles in direct sunlight...limited experince but from what i saw i liked.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

My dad loves his Lowrance X67 C. He says even with the smaller screen, he can see it so much better in the sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, My neighbor has a lowarance on his rig. It amazed me-the colors were vivid an clear,my son made the comment it was like watching tv!!!Switching out my front unit for color!!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Color

My Eyesight Has Got So Bad [magular Degenration] That I Hardly
    See My Garmins At All [240-250] Black
    The Last Trip Of The Winter --which Is Really Bad For Me [low Bright Sun] I Was In A Boat With Color --102c And 332c And I Was Seeing Both Units Better Than I Had Seen Anything In Years

Have Some On Order
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering about that too Jerry - I've got a Vexilar Edge 3
    (color) that came in my boat, and it is terrible in any kind of sunlight.
    I like the color though, so I was hoping the other brands were better!
    I've got it sitting right next to my old monochrome Lowrance GPS, and
    comparing the two, I can always see the GPS, and hardly ever see the
    sonar unless it is in shadow otherwise it is a neat unit though.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Polarized Sunglasses is the only problem I have had seeing the color graph, as with about any graph. I have a piece reflection screen that was made for a computer screen I cut to fit the graph. It works good on a bright day.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberdown
    Polarized Sunglasses is the only problem I have had seeing the color graph, as with about any graph. I have a piece reflection screen that was made for a computer screen I cut to fit the graph. It works good on a bright day.

I totally agree. I talked to my Optometrist about this (he fishes). There are some prescription Polaroids that allow you see the graphs. I am gonna get a pair and try them. In the past, I have just been having my older glasses tinted , but I could not see the color graph good. I am spending my kids inheritance
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 102c on the bow trolling motor and have no problem seeing it in direct sunlite even from the back of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I've resisted going to a color graph because I've heard a lot of folks say they can't see their color graphs in bright sunlight.

Does anyone have a Humminbird 585c and is it easily viewable in bright direct sunlight and are you happy with it? I have a good combo Lowrance on my console but I'm thinking about replacing the Matrix 12 I have on my front deck.

I use a separate handheld GPS so I don't need a combo unit and I'm not interested in adding any other peripheries. The 585c appears to be Humminbird's top "Graph Only" sonar and it's a single, narrow beam graph, which I prefer. Also, it will drop right on the mount from my Matrix 12 and use the same shoot-through transducer that is already epoxied into my hull.
    Jerry all I can tell ya is that my 787C2 is very definately really sunlight viewable both on the console and the front of the boat. (I was concerned about this as the one this one replaced definately was NOT sunlight viewable but my fears seem to have been unfounded.)
    "My worst day fishin was better than my best day workin!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast