Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod selection ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod selection ideas

Looking for opinions on some rods that are suitable for dual purpose for rigging and trolling. I understand a particular rod may be better suited for one technique over the other but I'm hoping to find some that would serve for both techniques. I primarily spider rig but wanting to get into trolling!

I currently have Berkley C Series 12' which I like for rigging but have not tried pulling cranks on yet and Pinnacle which I am getting rid of. I do not like the Pinnacle rods at all, they do not have the backbone to suit me.

As far as reels go would it be overkill to run line counters for spider rigging that way I don't have to swap out reels. Trying to narrow down the playing field so I don't keep wasting money or trying to sell what I have bought that I am not pleased with!!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PST will do just what you want. Lots of backbone yet work pretty good rigging and pull cranks just fine. Also will work long lining.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

been fishin pst 14 footers for six years now riggin and trollin with never a problem. i use all 14's for spider riggin and just got some 8's to troll with in conjuntion with my 14's.
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN
    Likes "G" LIKED above post