Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holders

I have a 16' boat and I need to find the best way to secure my 12' and 16' rods for travel. Looking at "Drift Masters" But open for suggestions.
    Do you guys "normally" secure 16' rods in a two segment system? Seems like to me that there is going to be a lot of tip sticking out or a lot of middle sagging down??

Open for opinions.

Mildot

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished these up this morning, I originally just laid them down the sides (reels to the front) and used the rubber cords to hold them in place. Worked good and never an issue of losing one BUT by the time I'd get to where I was going the tips would be so mangled it would take 30 minutes getting them untangled in order to fish.
    I wanted something easily removable and came up with this idea using some dovetail bases, I may add another in the center to help support the rods and make them functionable for shorter rods. The center rods are Pinnacle to which I am not very pleased with and will be replaced, 16 rod capacity.
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Driftmaster tipsaver? rod storage that I use to transport my rods back and forth to the lake and it works good.I use 14 ft rods and just use the 2 pieces and its supports it well,you just gotta watch your spacing when you install them to work with the rods your gonna be using.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

E-Z Poleholder has some good ones for sale over in sponsor classifieds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Cornfield Crappie Gear (a c.c sponsor) makes a nice rod holder for a good price.

R'Vertical Rod Rack

They are sold as each unit so you can use 2 for just long rods or 3 which lets you store shorter rods and support the center of the longer rods.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep