Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: They must have moved

Post Thanks / Like

Default They must have moved

Went to my favorite lake yesterday and fished my favorite holes and could not get a bite, not even a bump. I didn't see many on my graphs either. Changed baits, colors, jig heads, added nibbles, took nibbles off, turned my cap around and wore it sideways, nothing. Only thing I can figure is they moved. I haven't been on the lake in 3 weeks, and the water temp. was down from 94 to 86 degrees. Also the water was much clearer yesterday than before. I caught several small bass, but no crappie.
    So, I went on the hunt. My time was limited but did the best I could. Side imaged shallower water but couldn't see much, caught a few bream for supper. Tried two boat docks in 15 fow but nothing and got one hit and it broke off (bet it was a catfish).
    So for the first time in a long time, I zeroed on the crappie.
    My thought is, with the cooling water and shorter days, they must be moving and scattered.
    Thanks for listening,
    later...etex

Post Thanks / Like

We notice this type of thing in the fall around Dfw and if typically signals fall is upon us . It seems this year they are a bit confused and started early . It normally starts around October here or maybe late September . You might look in some of the pre winter of possibly even winter locations and find them . One lake here they moved about 2 weeks ago and are already staging in the deeper stuff .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I've been having to move around a lot over here to find a few and I do mean just a few.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I found them today, well a few of them, and they were deeper, much deeper, in 30 fow. I was very surprised.
    Likes smoothlures LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Also, thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etexbasser View Post
    I found them today, well a few of them, and they were deeper, much deeper, in 30 fow. I was very surprised.
    Yeppers we found fish staged in 40 foot a week er so back and the previous week they were in 20
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales