Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9/2/16 Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/2/16 Report

Sorry folks but Cresty's computer is out for repairs so you will have to get the info. from me.

Today started out good, we saw a flock of Turkeys (about 12) and a Porcupine on the way up. It looked to be a good start for us. We launched and were in a "mill pond" calm for the first 1 1/2 hours, then the wind came up to allow us to drift. We were hoping for a good day but we had very little co-operation from the Crappies. We ended up the day with one of our lowest totals (54) for the season. The breakdown was not impressive - Crappie - 45 Bluegill - 8 White Perch - 1 (smallest white I have seen caught 5"). On the good note for the season this far we broke 1,000 Crappie - All released and swimming away. With today's low catch our season total is now 1,030 Crappie, and we still have some time left to get out fishing.

Here are some pictures of today's fish:

Name:  Crappie - 9-2-16 - PP.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  Crappie-1 Rich - 9-2-16 - PP.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  Crappie-2 Rich - 9-2-16 - PP.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  Crappie-3 Rich - 9-2-16 - PP.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  81.9 KB

Hopefully Cresty will have his computer back next week so you will have better posts from us.

Have a great day and tight lines to you all.

Walt

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report Walt
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about his computer breaking down.....at least his boat is still working!!

Thanks for posting about your day. I noticed you guys have your sweatshirts on; ain't it nice after all that hot, humid weather?
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post....by any measure Walt!

It was a might "brisk" out there with the winds that day. Going back up to the 90's this week however. Oh well, fall is right around the corner.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."