Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the little little little show

Post Thanks / Like

Default the little little little show

The last week or 3 have been not my best , a bunch of things have managed to keep me from pitching jigs . when i did make it out last week for a boat ride it was tough . the rivers are running again and the bank bite for crappie is non existent here . then the few docks i tried didnt give up much either . just not much real interesting to post up about crappie wise for sure .
    Anyway i hollered at my after work bud and told him on wednesday i might have a tiny "little" window to try them . I also told him i have a tiny "little" amount of gas in the boat and not even time to refuel . And the of course the good news that i had a tiny "little" boat that was charged up and ready for an adventure if he wanted to try them .
    So here we go , we will get there about 6pm ....we will have a "little" window before its dark . i tell him we might get in 2 hours if we dont move to slowly . i figured by 8 pm it would be pretty dark . So we get there and there IT IS ...the local boys bass tourney is about to begin at 6 pm ....boats lined up like a boat show in front of us .....
    i told them boys really nicely we dint care about bass none and was only after a few crappie . Asked if we might squeeze in front a them for a quick launch , well they looked at me like i was crazy and said brother it is first come first served . So we got in line and waited our turn and i told him if there is even a tiny bit of room between them boys just back on down the ramp and smile at them ....LOL
    well i motored thru the line up real slow and they looked at me like i was crazy and just when i got a bit past em i said no worries fellas we wont try to ketch none a yawls bass i promise and hit the throttle to full and flew out of there like a bird ...rolled up to a spot i told my bud was most likely a do or die place because of the the time constraints and prepared for the onslaught of WAKES that was about to hit us when they came by .......
    first drop to the last we slammed the living fire out the crappie yawl ....it was like some sort of ridiculous thing , couldnt drop a bait in the water without a bite i swear . we hammered lips so bad it wasnt even funny . both of us had sand paper thumbs when we left .rippin em 2 at a time for an hour and half at that spot as fast as we cloud get it back in the water . left when it was kinda low light and hit the bridge for a few minutes by the boat ramp and found the EXACT same scenario .....WOW what a trip
    so there you have it yawl ....a little time, a little gas and a little boat ....and a great BIG KABOOM from the outlaw Ketch Whales my friends ....all fish were released and the number of fish we managed is just not to be believed....
    probably the best 2 hour trip ever of my life on crappie yawl
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, jackie53, Blackhawk19, short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wish i had a little trip like that!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. Great story and pics. Ketchen is on a it!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post and thanks for sharing. I loved the pictures

Post Thanks / Like

good story , I need a day like that.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the kind of trip dreams are made of. I need a little trip like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow great story.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have went somewhere else with that line up.Thanks for the tip.Stay after them.Some nice ones.Thanks for the post and pic's.Those bass guy's will wake up some day.LOL Ketchn whales.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pics! I need a trip like that.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast