Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BPS Mr. Crappie line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS Mr. Crappie line?

Good features...good price ..Just wondered what the real fishermen think of this camo line - Thanks Gary
    PROUD BUCKEYE CARP ANGLER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr Crappie camo

Very good line. I fish 7 days a week at home (Maine) in water with 7 or 8ft. visibility. Some days it is a must so I just use it all the time.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Mr Crappie/Wally Marshall camo line ....

Quote Originally Posted by Garyoutlaw
    Good features...good price ..Just wondered what the real fishermen think of this camo line - Thanks Gary
    The first, last, and only time I've ever seen/touched WM camo/multicolored line ... was a few years ago. It was on a WM reel, in the consignment cabinet of my local tackle store. I found it to be very stiff and wirey feeling, and that was enough for me to not even consider buying it. I'm sure it is tough stuff (abrasion resistant), but the stiffness of it put me off.
    I've also come to the conclusion that, for the places and times and methods I use ... I don't need a low-vis line. I've successfully used Stren Gold, Trilene XT Solar, Trilene Iron Silk Solar Mint, and Trilene Photochromic mono lines ... all of which are hi-vis lines. And, with the demise of Iron Silk, and having won a rather large spool of Mr Crappie hi-vis (Chartreuse) line, in CrappieDay's contest ... I plan on giving it a trial run, in the upcoming season. I will report back on my experiences with it. It does seem to be a fairly limp and soft line, albeit a little stretchy, but I won't prejudge it beyond that ... until I have had a chance to use it, for a period of time.
    Most of my fishing is done with various "casting" methods, and if I can't see the line ... then I'm going to miss strikes. So far, even with the water clarity of the lakes I fish being relatively clear, and using hi-vis lines, I still get fish to strike the bait. That lends me to believe that the fish are not as concerned about the line color, as they are about the lure on the end of it. Just MHO, though ........... luck2ya, whatever you use ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use hi-vis Mr Crappie line and will continue to do so as long as they make it...never tried the camo line but i would assume it is similar to the hi-vis.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I too use the Hi-Vis Mr. Crappie line. I have used it since it came out-No Problems. I need a line I can see,didnt like the Camo line for that reason.I too will continue to use it,for the price its a deal. Tip: a little Reel Magic keeps your line conditioned,helps do away with memory,ect. I spray my Reels once a week.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

its all i use 6lb love it!
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

I love the hi vis, no problems with it. I vertical jig 90 % of the time and it works just fine. The low price lets me respool as I should without going broke.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using it for years now, only line i use for trolling. The newer line has more of a red tint, but works just as good. I would still like to be able to buy the camo line. One thing that i can say, make sure you buy the Mr Crappie line. They have another line that looks very similar to Mr Crappie, but its a world of difference.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I was given a spool of Berkley Vanish for my birthday. Anyone tried it?

Post Thanks / Like

I have but didn't really care for it... I have found that Silver Thread seems to work the best for my and my casting style - the 6# is my favorite paired with an abu cardinal 101...SMOOTH !
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast