Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 year-old daughter is fishing a tourn. w/ me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 year-old daughter is fishing a tourn. w/ me!

She loves to fish for bluegill w/ me, but she just agreed to to ditch her preteen friends for a weekend to fish the Crappie USA tournament on 3/31 on KY Lake w/ me. I'm already looking forward to a day on the water w/ just her! I'm more of a bass fisherman, but I'm putting out a lot of brush this winter and hope it pays off for us! Who knows we might get lucky and catch 7 good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 11 year old daughter and she love to fish. I think it cool. I would love for her to fish with me like that. Don't know if she is ready, but she workin on it.

Get luck and post some pics.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Thats really cool. I used to fish with my mom in the crappiethon tournys. She was the only one of her age that participated and female that knew what she was doing. She won the big fish pot one year out of over 100 teams. I suggest you get her out for some practice. Count your blessings. Wish I had kids to fish with.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caseydrew
    She loves to fish for bluegill w/ me, but she just agreed to to ditch her preteen friends for a weekend to fish the Crappie USA tournament on 3/31 on KY Lake w/ me. I'm already looking forward to a day on the water w/ just her! I'm more of a bass fisherman, but I'm putting out a lot of brush this winter and hope it pays off for us! Who knows we might get lucky and catch 7 good ones.
    That is awesome. My elder son and I did tourneys for a while till he got into trucks and girls. Enjoy it while you can. Get on down by the powerlines and catch some. Might as well win the thing if you're going to do it, LOL.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is what memories are made of. Sounds like a wonderful father that wants to spend time like that with his daughter. No doubt, whatever the outcome, she will always remember it.

Best of luck!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

That is way cool, Father / Daughter Team A+

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last as she has been going w/ me since she was 2 years old. By that I mean it can be hard to fit dad in between the boys, soccer, tennis, etc... at het age, but I'm going to do my best to keep her interested in the outdoors. For those of you that haven't had the chance to take your child or for that matter any other kid.....nothing is much better than watching them laugh while slinging fish after fish into the boat. Just remember plenty of snacks and toys if they are pretty young or you won't enjoy yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7 year old son who loves to fish, so I can just imagine how excited you both must be. Making some great memories.

Win, loose or draw keep us posted on your results.

knock em in the head

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great,I have 3 grown daughters who fished with me till other things were more important.Now its back to fishing every chance they get to come to Tn.!!Great part is Now I get to take the Granbabies& Son In Laws Too!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your tournament! It will be a great day anyway, but it would be awesome to win it with her with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast