Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 777c2 ????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 777c2 ????

Does any one here use this fish finder? I like the selectable beam angle (20 / 60 ), and the color. I was thinking of replacing one of mine I'm having some trouble with. Or maybe there's a better one in the same price range of the 777c2. Any suggestion welcome. And thanks ahead.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe
    Does any one here use this fish finder? I like the selectable beam angle (20 / 60 ), and the color. I was thinking of replacing one of mine I'm having some trouble with. Or maybe there's a better one in the same price range of the 777c2. Any suggestion welcome. And thanks ahead.
    Very powerful transmitter and fine detail on the display. I doubt that you can buy a better sonar unit for the money anywhere.

I have a 787C2 with external GPS that I love. The sonar capabilities of mine are the same as the 777 but mine is a combo unit that is also a chartplotter.

The only problem I have discovered with mine so far relates to the fact that it is a combo unit and only has one SD card slot which means that if I have a Hotmaps SD card installed and want to capture a screen shot of something I see on the sonar I must first remove the Hotmaps card and replace it with another SD card with sufficient space avaliable to save the screeshot. VERY annoying that and it is a problem that I could have completely avoided by buying the NVB version of the same unit which has all the maps preloaded from the factory. I am currently in the process of finding out from humminbird if there is any way to convert mine to to the NVB version but even if I can't it is still a keeper!
    "My worst day fishin was better than my best day workin!"