Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 8/29.16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 8/29.16

The weather forecasts looked promising, with windy conditions predicted, so Walt & I decided to hit the lake once again. Water temp was still 75 degrees, but the air today started off at 70 already at 7:30 am. It got into the mid-80's by the time we pulled off. Light southerly wind to start - nothing great. We'd have preferred a stiffer breeze as was predicted - 10 - 15 mph. But it never materialized.

We ended up with 51 fish after we quit around 1:00 pm. All fish were released. Here's a sample:

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  81.0 KB

Nothing very big, but at least we only got 6 bluegill in our count. Also had an eagle parked in a tree overlooking our drifts. But after about an hour, he got fed up with our ineptness and left the area. However, we did a good look at an osprey today. Not a common occurrence in this area. Unfortunately, he dove and got his breakfast before I was able to get at the camera. Later on, I did get this shot, although not a good shot:

Name:  Osprey.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  40.9 KB

The BGBS's (straight tailed plastics) performed well today. We also got a decent number on Slider grubs and Roadrunners. For the later, we would have done better with a bit more breeze. But it was a nice day on the water and above ground.....so who's complaining?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

The osprey pic is pretty good. I had one for a brief time an outing or 2 ago but never got the opportunity for a camera shot. Beautiful birds, they are.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'