Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish Not Biting.What do you do? Go Home!

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Not Biting.What do you do? Go Home!

Not a Pro just love to fish.When you pull up to the Boat Ramp or bait shop they say fish not biting.Too hot,to much wind,to cold,Raining.What do you do? You have Drove several miles .To go fishing.What do you do?.Go home.go to another lake.What do other fishermen do?This is the only day you have to fish."Work",Kid's health problem's.May not get a chance for another week or two maybe more.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of working. I go fishing and enjoy the outdoors. Fish real slow...

Post Thanks / Like

Tell the poor Sods who can't catch them, "More fish for me"
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here's what I do. I don't believe that 1 guys opinion dictates how YOUR day will go so I fish in a way that I think will catch fish. I will rely on my own experience instead of taking 1 persons story as the gospel. Fish can "turn on" any given hour. Don't matter how hot it get, how windy it gets etc...I still gotta eat and so do they.

If I still dont catch fish so what. Sometimes just being on the water away from all the daily crap makes me me feel like I caught 6 limits worth. Bu that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 i love to go fish when everyone says the fish are not biting. its a good feeling to put fish n the boat when others say they have lock jaw. and sometimes
    the fish just are not biting but that is why they call it fishing and not catching he he he he.
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When they say there not biting:
    I usually don't listen,I fish so many different techniques and structure marked I usually catch something.If I don't catch anything I will scan for a couple hours and only mark stuff that looks real good with a traffic lite symbol, when I go back to fish traffic lite symbol way points and catch fish or really like what I see on down imaging I will change the symbol to the dinner bell symbol.

Too hot:
    I usually just laugh,this is usually when I catch alot of fish.I think the reason being is the weather is usually stable and when you find fish there usually pretty close all summer.

Too much wind:
    Usually try to find something narrow out of the wind and two 60 in drift socks and two smaller drift socks

Too cold:
    As long as you can break ice to get somewhere to fish it's nice even if you don't catch fish,hardly ever see over a couple more people fishing but do see duck hunters,nice having the lake to yourself.

Raining:
    Good rain suit ,as long as it's not lightning.The fish always seam to be biting better too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I try to find some fish no matter what. If they aren't biting I turn my side scan on and look for new spots. Have over 2,800 active waypoints doing this. I have put out a lot of stuff when they do not bite. Have a stash of concrete blocks in a couple of bays and I find something to drag out.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!
    Likes jackie53, blueball LIKED above post

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

scan scan scan!
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:
    Likes blueball, jackie53 LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If in fact the fishing is tougher for some reason, I downsize and slow down. I might even go against my normal thing and use live bait. As already said, fish can turn on at any given time. Tough days they feed for shorter intervals but they will eat sometime that day. If it doesn't matter to you that your valuable time to fish be dashed by someones nay-say, then pack up and go watch the game. If I don't catch a fish on that day, I have still done what I set out to do, and that was go fishing. I might stumble on something that works on days like this and have made the day great in it's own way. We have few true gifts in this world, and our time and ability to fish is one I put high value on and live well full or empty, I'm thankful for that gift.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes blueball, Dave and Lynn, jackie53, Dollfly LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We just go to Red Lobster.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast