Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KY Shindig October 21-22 Calling all Crappie.comers and wannabes

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Shindig October 21-22 Calling all Crappie.comers and wannabes

The KY Crappie.com shindig will be on October 21 and 22 at Mike Miller Park in Draffenville,KY.(near Benton KY and less than 5 miles from KY Lake). We will be having a fruit jar tournament from 6:30am till 2pm on the 21st with weigh-in at the park. Tournament is $40 per boat and that includes big fish pot. That night we will have a chili and hot dog feed at the park main pavillion.

On Saturday the 22nd, we will start registration for the main event at 8 AM. Seminars will start at 9am and we will eat at 11am. If we can get together enough crappie we will have crappie and all the fixings. If not, we may have Asian carp but we always have plenty. Seminars will continue till everyone is done asking questions. Door prizes will be given throughout the afternoon.

All Crappie.com members and their immediate families are welcome as are those who would like to join. We will have registration for new members available at the event.

Any sponsors here who would like to donate to the event will be gladly welcomed and greatly appreciated. Ed from Southern Crappie Rods has already sent 2 of his new 143T poles to be given away. There will be guided fishing trips and lots of crappie related stuff as well.

This is a family-friendly event and we had around 75 who attended last year from several states. I think we will have even more states represented this year.

This is a wonderful chance to put faces with screen names and make new friends. The seminars will be geared toward learning how to best use equipment and new tactics. Marine electronics will be covered by Rickie (rnvinc). That in itself will make the trip well worth the effort. Longlining/pulling/pushing cranks, pouring plastic baits, crankbait painting, and several other subjects will be covered. Seminar presenters will be there all day to answer questions or just BS with.

There are several lodging options close by as well as good campgrounds. Ramps for KY and Barkley are a very short drive away. There is plenty of parking for your personal vehicles or your truck and boat parking.

Hope to see you there. More details will be covered on the KY Forum.
    Last edited by dkb23; 08-29-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Going to try and make it,will probally be last minute before I know forsure,

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    Going to try and make it,will probally be last minute before I know forsure,

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    That's OK Blue, some people just show up with no announcement that they're coming.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brenda and I will be up there in time to eat.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes M R Dux, Clint, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We always welcome all guests, especially CanePole and Miss Brenda and hopefully Chaunc this year.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Come on up cane pole, love to see that new truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time! Been wanting to attend a gathering, hopefully work will allow. Think I will check the schedule tomorrow.
    Likes callen LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Chris (tenncrappie) is doing a seminar on trolling planer boards and will demo his "Lil Spoiler" board line.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball, dallman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have the address of Mike Miller Park? I am planning on coming Saturday and want to know how to get there from the Paris Landing area. Would like to fish on Friday but never been to that area and probably wouldn't catch a bream. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention, that if anyone has an empty seat on Friday's tournament, I would love to go and would pay the entry fee for the team. It is one way to learn how to crappie fish better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast