Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SE Kansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default SE Kansas

Anyone fish in south east Kansas? How are you doing? Anyone near Independnece Ks?

Seth

Post Thanks / Like

I'm west of Cheopa, Seth. Too much of a deep freeze for me to go fishing. Would love to get to the lake. Just finished today cleaning all the reels and rods, and new lines on all.
    Last edited by Skeeterman; 03-27-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats cool. I grew up in Coffeyville. My grandpa / dad ran Burkharts glass and muffler. Grandpa name was Charles Garrison. Ive been cleaning up out a Elk City. Never fished it before this year. Wasted alot of time fishing else where. Have not taken my son much latley because of the cold. Cant wait though, he gets excited about it. Have you fished much of the area for crappie? Last spring I caught a few on the Verdigris off the Independence city dam.

Nice to talk to a local.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty funny...I went to High School in Coffeyville....My parents still live there...I live in the KC area now....I make it down your way a few times a year to fish....Mostly Big Hill....I have heard really good things about Toronto which isnt too far I guess....Some really big fish there....I never have fished Elk City, but have heard of people doing pretty well there...We have been doing some ice fishing up here and in the heated docks...Pretty slow on the weekends but much better during the week without all the people. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too familiar with the Kansas lakes. I have fished several lakes in southeast Kansas for crappie, and the only lake(small) Thayer, Ks city lake I can claim to have done well on crappie. The other small lake is Thayer, ks (new lake) for some nice size crappie and plenty bass. This is my big bass lake.. having caught at least ten over 8 lbs. there, and from what it looks to me, would be a wonderful crappie lake like Truman Lake in Missouri. I have been told Toronto is a good crappie lake, but I also hear it has silted in the upper sections.

I still take every opportunity to go back to Missouri and fish Stockton and Truman each year.
    Last edited by Skeeterman; 03-31-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Big Hill is a great Bass Lake...That is pretty much all I fish it for....Crappie are there, but just not good size...I just keep hearing about Toronto....Hey Skeeterman, do you fish the ABA tourneys??? I am thinking about possibly fishing those tourneys as a non boater this year even though I already missed out on the beginning of the season?

Post Thanks / Like

No, Chad.. no tournaments for me. If I did, I would probably become another Bill Dance, and we know what that would entail.. Lot of 5 lb. bass on ever TV show.. The world couldn't tolerate two Bill Dance's..

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have your problem of catching too many 5lb bass.

Post Thanks / Like

I did good last week on Elk City. Went Sat. and today without much luck. Seems like the weather might have something to do with it. My wife out fished me today 2-0.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking for some fast action, there tearing them up at Elk City right now. My brother cleaned 25 slabs last night.
    Seth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast