Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help mounting Tite Lok 6" track

Foxy Jig is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need help mounting Tite Lok 6" track

first time using Tite Lok products

the 6" track has 3 holes for mounting to the deck (carpeted bass boat), but no hardware (holders are the new 5841)

what kind of screws do i need for this job, and any tips or advice are welcome

would like to hear some opinions before i mount to avoid messing up..thank you
    dp

Post Thanks / Like

What is the material that you are ataching it to. alum. or ply wood or fiberglass
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

it is a composite deck (Triton) covered with carpet

Post Thanks / Like

i know for sure its not plywood..i guess some sort of fiberglass composite

Post Thanks / Like

Used #16 x 1 1/4" Stainless sheet metal screws to mount the bases for my "Driftmaster" rod holders. Cartpeted fiberglass. I need to replace some of the screws and having dificulty finding them locally. You could probalbly use a smaller diameter like a #14 but still stick with the length if your base is what I think it is. Mine were there when I purchased boat used.

Hope that helps
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

thx Ranger 375..just curious why some need replacing?

Post Thanks / Like

If I were mounting one of those on a boat I would see if there was any way to reach the underside of the mounting (Though a compartment ). If I could reach the spot were screws would come though the deck and attach a washer with a lock nut then I would drill holes where I wanted to mount the base and then use 1/4" OD bolts that were long enough to go though the base and deck and come out where I could attach the nuts and washers. That is how I mounted things on my aluminum boat's upper deck. But I have a storage compartment under the deck and I can get myself inside the storage compartment to attach nuts to the end of the bolts. My deck is constructed of marine grade plywood and covered with very thin aluminum sheetings and then it's carpeted. Look at your bass seats and see how those pedistals are mounted if you have one of those seats. That may give you an idea on how long and what type screws or bolts to use.

Not sure what kind of boat you have so you may not be able to use bolts and may have to use screws instead.

If you are going into fiberglass and not hitting any metal other than the base itself then you may want to use those stainless screws with a head that can fill the holes in the base unit and be flush with the base unit. Not sure what type of material the Tit loc bases are made from. Aluminum maybe. If they are aluminum then you could use aluminum screws and not have to worry about them causing an electric current like you would if there were two dissimular metals touching. But the aluminum screws may not be strong enough so you may still want to go with stainless Steel Screws.

Now this is how I do my mountings but that is just how I do things. You may find that everyone else has a different way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by dpfromRockHill
    first time using Tite Lok products

the 6" track has 3 holes for mounting to the deck (carpeted bass boat), but no hardware (holders are the new 5841)

what kind of screws do i need for this job, and any tips or advice are welcome

would like to hear some opinions before i mount to avoid messing up..thank you
    dp
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

moose, awesome description...i dont think i can drill all the way thru..will the stainless screws cause an electric problem possibly?

and yes its aluminum..a big t-bar (4 rod holders) that slides into a 6" aluminum plate

Post Thanks / Like

dp, that's nothing for Moose, wait till he get's started on some thing he knows about. LOL. (I had to do that Moose)
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I would simply use stanles steel sheet metal screws. They will be more thatn you need. Trust me. Hold stron and last long.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast