Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada Lake

Never really fished for crappies since I am a walleye guy, however, I have the opportunity to work in Okeechobee Florida for this upcoming fall and would like to get started chasing some crappies. So on the way to Florida from South Dakota I thought I would stop at Grenada Lake in Mississippi and give it a try. I am taking my own boat. Any suggestions on how to get started?

Post Thanks / Like

best guide day one you can find on the lake ......emulate them on day 2 ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Red190 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandikai View Post
    Never really fished for crappies since I am a walleye guy, however, I have the opportunity to work in Okeechobee Florida for this upcoming fall and would like to get started chasing some crappies. So on the way to Florida from South Dakota I thought I would stop at Grenada Lake in Mississippi and give it a try. I am taking my own boat. Any suggestions on how to get started?
    Guided Fishing Trips - Blackhawk Guide Service

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ketchn. Strange lake, and new technique in a different part of the country, you would be well served to hire a guide for the first day. Shorten the learning curve and then have a good time afterwards. You might want to spend and extra day or two once you get it figured out. Several CDC members guide there and can fix you right up.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared for muddy water. Don't let them tell you it is "stained water". Grenada stays muddy most of the time.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Grenada this spring to try the crappie fishing. I hired a guide for the first morning to see there approach. It rained so hard the first morning that the trip was postponed until the afternoon. That was the first time I have ever hired a guide and would defiantly do it again. Planning on fishing a couple lakes in Tennessee this spring and will hire a guide for the first day.