Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diagnosed with "tennis elbow"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Diagnosed with "tennis elbow"

Dr said so. I asked whatzat. Well, it has ended my ky rigging for a while. Can't hold pole.

Cranking chain saw caused the elbow problem. Huh? Yep! According to the bone and joint Drs.

Maybe so. Been clearing a lot of diseased trees lately. I like chain saws. Make me feel powerful. Kinda like straddling my old Harley.

Any elbow survivors out there with some helpful hints???? I don't take drugs.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use one of the Tennis Elbow Brace that velcros on my forearm when I fish any of my flyrods over an 8wt.
    The one I like the best has a small plastic pillow in the band that presses on the end of the ligament that causes all the pain.
    Works well and I keep it in my Fly Fishing back-pack.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes DRPEPPER, Buckie02 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it was Tennis Elbow but I had a big puffy bump on my elbow a little bit bigger than a golf ball. I just cut it and squezzed the puss and blood out. All was good after that.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I like chain saws. Make me feel powerful. Kinda like straddling my old Harley.

Don't get confused and straddle your chain saw!

Tennis elbow is caused by over use of the joint by a repetitive motion, which results in inflammation of the tendons and muscles. Once the inflammation starts, it just gets worse with the repetitive movement. Treatment is usually rest, ice, and things like naproxen (Aleve) or ibuprofen. Sometimes a steroid injection helps. I have also gotten relief from using Pain Buster cream available at CVS.

Old age ain't for sissies!
    Last edited by crappiewisdom; 08-25-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a step brother who was diagnosed with it over 10 years ago, says he got it from weed eating. Good news he recovered 9 3/4 years ago, bad news he still can't do any manual labor involving the use of his arms. Oddly it never seemed to effect his fishing or hunting, just those things most important to him like work.. Lol.. you will be fine, just follow the doctors orders. Diagnosed with "tennis elbow" Diagnosed with "tennis elbow"
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've had it before. Eliminating the movement and wearing a brace until it heals. Advil and Aleve for pain. It takes months to heal.

Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to get over, mine keeps reoccurring, painting seems to be the worst ,I have to do a lot of painting from time to time with my work, but lot of other thing aggravate it a lot,too.
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got it one year during rice harvest from working the header up and down every few seconds all day long. It got to where I could barely pick up a beer. Man it was painful but I had to keep going because I had a crop to get out.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 with clint - the brace helps with some of the discomfort and take Aleeve - only if you're not on somthing else that it can affect, check with your Doctor.

Also get some Bio-Freeze roll on Biofreeze | #1 Clinically Recommended Brand - Biofreeze works a whole lot better than Ben-Gay.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

X3 with Clint. Took me 2 years to get over it. Only way I could do anything with left hand was with brace on.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast