Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish locator recommendation needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish locator recommendation needed

hi ,,all,, I am looking for recommendations for a fish/depth finder for my pr crappie boat,, I have a simple finder on the trolling motor , I am needing one for the dash/transom,,, I do have a hand held gpsmap 76 with fishing hot spots loaded, so I dont need a gps unit,, I am new to ky lake and need a good quality fish finder to locate crappie beds,ect,, not sure if i need color or not,,let me know what you all think,,
    thanks
    bub

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm looking at the Humminbird 777c2. It has the same processor and features of the flagship 787c2, but no GPS. However, you can add the GPS unit to it should you want to at a later date.

Bass Pro and the like have 'em for 499.99 and up, but I've found them consistently online for around 425.00 w/ dual beam transducer NEW, or around 390.00 w/o transducer should you want to go the quadrabeam route. Just by going to places and messing around with the demo units it just seems to make sense to me to go ahead and go color. The high resolution 640 x 480 of the 777c2 makes it best all around bang for the buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find the 777c2 cheaper than the BPS 499.00?? I was looking at it also. I started a thread before I read your reply. This looks like a good unit, but I'm no pro.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I use Lowrance and find if you have any problems they are good to deal with. The make a quality product!

Oh and I would get a color unit for sure and one with a high pixel count, like at least 480x480.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe
    Where did you find the 777c2 cheaper than the BPS 499.00?? I was looking at it also. I started a thread before I read your reply. This looks like a good unit, but I'm no pro.
    You can get that unit at from J and H (the link below) brand new for $438.41 and get a free weathersense unit in the bargin.

http://www.jandhproducts.com/_e/Humm...r_406570_1.htm
    "My worst day fishin was better than my best day workin!"