Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check this crap out!!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Check this crap out!!!!

I was talking to Honey about retiring (again) last nite. When I returned from work today, this was sitting on my laptop! Damn rock. Ain't I lucky.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

LOL,

Exactly what my kids are saying about me now (man with no job), cept change husband to daddy!

Hey, I got an interview at Caremark next Wed, Close to home, I really want this one. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I was talking to Honey about retiring (again) last nite. When I returned from work today, this was sitting on my laptop! Damn rock. Ain't I lucky.

That must be catching, I'm going thru that with my wife right now. Hopefully, next January.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck, Ed. Maybe the human resources person is a crappie fisherman!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever felt like you're in a loose-loose situation? Sometimes, it just seems like you can't please them. Work your butt off for them so you can retire because they want security in the future, then when you want to retire, they don't want you too. Guess it'll never be enough.

Mine won't let me quit my job at the paper and work at what I love, fishing and guiding, because of the retirement issue. Guess she just assumes I won't pay social security, like the law doesn't require it, and stop contributing to my ole IRA. Is it not amazing how they can get so many negative things out of one truly positive thing that would give us some piece of mind and happiness. Hell, I only see a smile on Julie's face when she's torturing me.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

well, when i turned 55 after 37 years govt service, ( went into the army at 17, then to work for the postal service after five and half years for the army, then 32 years for the po as a letter carrier.) i retired and had a lot of folks tell me, "why you retiring at your age cause you gonna get bored and join up with the locals that gather at hardees for a couple hours every morning." well, i had no qualms about retiring at all, i dont miss the work nor the folks i was working with and i most certainly havent joined the local yokels hanging out at hardees waiting for the grim reaper to strike. I have learned im am my own best company and love the aloness i have at times cause most folks i fish with are still working. I have made some friends that have different work hours and different days off so now its no problem for me to find someone to fish with on any particular day i wanna go, which most weeks ill average about two to three trips a week. nope, i dont miss work a bit and id reccomend anyone go for it as soon as they can. enjoy life a bit and learn to live on your retirement check and dont worry about it
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy my job most days - but I enjoy fishing more - I got 7 more years an I will have my full 30 - if the legislature helps out and changes it to 25 year retirement and will be down to 2 years - I might be dangerous then
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You are dangerous now. Good thing I wasn't too near you when you did the frost check.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default you better watch out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat
    You are dangerous now. Good thing I wasn't too near you when you did the frost check.
    Just be glad you were not in my path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My union lets us take our pension at 53. Frances Gail loves to hunt and fish with me and it seems like there is always plenty of things to do. Some days it seems like I am busier than when I worked. Everyone knows the best fishing is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast