Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The struggle is REAL .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default The struggle is REAL .....

Many a time i go out after crappie with a very arrogant attitude that they have not got a chance . Keep in mind in many cases its in spots that i know well and know what and how they act in those spots given the present conditions . Well all that said its still quite easy to get humbled by these little ole fish .
    Exhibit A .....my very good bud sends me a text "hey ...you want to pitch a jig ?" Well let me say this to the forum if he says that and we get together its typically a really bad day for some crappie somewhere . So i say sure see you at the boat ramp at 7 am and lets go rip lips . The spot we hit is flat full of them and 100 fish plus trips are really easy most of the time .So there we are ketching up since i have not seen him in a while , he went pro on me and is busy all the time now and its been a month plus since we got together and we used to go several times a week together . So off we go into the DEAD sea ! i swear its like all the fish in that lake were abducted by aliens , could see or find a fish with the graph ,couldnt get a bite anywhere, just plain ole uh oh ...not good !
    Went south to north on that lake burned up fuel like it was on sale i tell ya . finally found just a few under a bridge after about 2 hours and said well at least we didnt get skunked !
    We tried a brushpile we set back when, later on and it was loaded pretty good but still only got a few pecks and a few fish. Went to yet another spot with a condo and finally found some fish wanting to bite. We might have managed around 40 total and none were very large but in the end as i motored back to the trailer at the ramp i still smiled because i got to go with my good bud and play lets go ketch them fish
    and in the end ....the struggle is in fact sometimes .....REAL ............
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, ad1974, jackie53, Xpress56 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that happens....Just last weekend me and my wife went out and worked our butts off to catch 42 total and later we were talking how it kinda felt better on days like that when you really had to work for a modest number then on days when they just seem like there trying to get caught and we catch a big number of them pretty easy.For sure keeps it interesting and a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ad1974 View Post
    Yep that happens....Just last weekend me and my wife went out and worked our butts off to catch 42 total and later we were talking how it kinda felt better on days like that when you really had to work for a modest number then on days when they just seem like there trying to get caught and we catch a big number of them pretty easy.For sure keeps it interesting and a challenge.
    You crack me up. You work hard for a modest 42. I work hard for a modest 4-5 around the Big Sandy area!!!!!!!!!!!
    Likes Nutbush LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats why it is called fishn not ketchn.Thanks enjoyed pick's.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, thanks for that.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with #tncrappiebass; Little numbers.

But any and all bites are fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Crappie fishing can be hot or cold at times. Conditions change. Locations change. Depths change. But that's why I love it so! The challenge of figuring out the formula for the day. From your posts, I think you are doing just fine. Enjoy!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."