Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Headed Home!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed Home!

Leaving up-state NY on Sept. 7th for Florida. Been a good summer But... Fishing has only been okay this year instead of fantastic like usually. Leaving pontoon here along with 16ft alum. Hit one new lake this yr that I will fish a lot next yr. Fishing average only 1 day a week because of weather. Pretty hot all summer, not much rain and just didn't want to leave the house at 4am to fish. Excited about fishing rivers and lakes around Citrus county this winter and going to attend as many Florida crappie get togethers as I can. Said that a few years now and this yr I am going to do it. One of the spots I fish often has a launch where you can fish 2 lakes but they lowered the water to do a weed treatment and it got really hard to get to one so after May just fished the one. Jet Skiers/tubers run you off by 11am. Oh well, been fun and Florida here I come. Hope for safe travels.

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Upstate NY are you at? That's my old stompin grounds before I qualified as a d--m yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I used to do my share of fishing at Black Lake, for Crappies and Bass, many,many years ago. lol
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife's Uncle had cabins on Black Lake was a great lake for crappie

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Penna, many parts of NY were in a drought this year. My wife is from Carthage NY, and up till the past week or so her sisters said that they couldn't get sweet corn and other veggies at fruit markets. Farmers haven't even cut their second cutting of hay for the lack of rain. Also belong to another fishing site, and most who have made trips to NY and Canada have had not so good fishing trips this year, with way below average catches. Good luck when you get back to Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Safe travels. Hope to meet ya some time this winter.