Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02/05 & 02/12 Multi Species Galore **pics**

Post Thanks / Like

Default 02/05 & 02/12 Multi Species Galore **pics**

02/05/07
    Had two fishing buddies take a day off from work to go play, do some ice fishing. Matt got down on the ice by 8am and setup 5 tipups and was jigging when me and Mike showed up about 9am. We then all were set up with 5 tipups each and was on the works of getting the coffee perking. When Matt here gets a nice pickeral so into the shanty for our little photo ops location. The weather was cold and wind was there and gone then got strong be the end of the day. So, ALL fish are C&R'd so we came back to the shanty so they didn't freeze up. So set back and enjoy the awesome 2 mondays of fishing.

And now here comes a round of perch that we all got on the ice.

We even got some gills and pumpkinseeds, which was nice on the 28" UL rod with 4# mono and using Northland Forage Minnow and spikes were a deeply combo.

We also had a pretty killer crappie bite too. I ended up getting about a dozen out of one hole with the average being around 11" with some nice 12"ers.

And remind ya that this hole is drilled with my 3 HP Jiffy 9" hole, so this crappie is a good 12"er.

Now the winning fish of the day is this 16 1/2" crappie which is a person best for Matt, and it flipped out Mike cause he had never caught crappie and was tickled pink to get to see such and fish. And personally I too haven't seen a bigger crappie. So congrates to Matt.

And there were 4 other fisherman down there this day and were only out for an hour or so and backed up before we did. And acually the group of 3 stopped and said there were no fish and they were going home. By this time the wind was blowing and the fish were on and off the ice left and right. Matt and I looked at each other saying, Yea right. So we were still into gills and crappie left and right.

Fish On!
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the next monday I go back to see if there were anymore fish left in the hole.
    The ice is now 12 1/2" thick and almost ready to start driving on. Well, I set up only 4 tipups to start today so I could do some jigging. Well, got a nice perch and crappie on tipups as soon as the bait hit the strike zone. Which is 3 feet off bottom. Mental note for those tipup fisherman out there.
    Well, I then set up the 5th tipup and put a few more crappie on the ice and BTW I forgot my camera for the day, Bummer, but Mike saves the day with his camera phone so anyway. I get this nice crappie and want a picture and another tipup goes off and Mike gets there and yells it spinning like crazy, hurry. So I have him hold the crappie and I get the tipup out and fish on. So it's making nice runs so I knew we had a nice one and the last flag goes off. The crappie goes down the hole as I'm fighting this fish and then ice this nice pike.

And the other flag that Mike went to go get starts yelling, hurry it is a big one, it's a nice fish. So I get there and he pulls this nice fatty pike out for a picture.

So after that there really wasn't much tipup action with a few runs of perch and crappie, the attention was on the jigging, moving around looking for the feeding fishies. And got this nice a sortment of fish.
    Then a little largemouth.

Then a nice pumpkinseed.

Then a fun little smallie.

Then a few nice perch, these guys were probly the funniest next to the pike earlier.

Then this 14 1/2" yellow perch.

So needless to say it was a great last 2 mondays in a row of fishing. ;D We just got dumped on with 20" of snow today and it will make ice fishing on foot a pain. But, it looks like the family is going away this weekend to do some snowmobiling, finally. I can't wait and next trip out on the ice will be the 26th 2 mondays from now, I can't wait.

Fish On!

All fish were 100% C&R'd unharmed to fight again another day.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Camofish!

Looks like a fish catch-n day!:D

Holy smokes on the jumbo's!

Wish I was there!:D :D
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bunch of pics...... Congrats on all the nice fish.....

Post Thanks / Like

great pics,what a mule of a slab you caught there.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish. Would have made a nice hot snack when I got home.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job camofish!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like ya having a good time, nice pics.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish and pictures camo. Thanks for the post.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot guys, I just love putting fish in the ice, but with the freshly fallen 20+" of snow. It is going to make ice fishing a pain in the butt. By the time March rolls around, I'll be chomping at the bit to get the boat back on the open water. Only hope that we have an early open water season and the snow less'ns in the yard so I can get at the boat. :D
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast