Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 8/23/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 8/23/16

Had a heck of a cold front come through yesterday. High winds, bluebird skies. Figured today would settle things down a bit, so Walt & I launched at 7:30 am - pulling off at 12:30 pm. On the way up to the gate, we spotted a flock of a dozen or so wild turkeys. Sorry for such a lousy picture, but I was shooting through a windshield with the birds moving. Here's what I got:

Name:  Turkeys.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  80.5 KB

If you look close, you can see the birds! Anyway, here's a shot of some of the bait & fish that we marked during our morning jaunt:

Name:  21_Feet.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  52.2 KB

Scattered bait and fish, but no real nice concentrations today. Maybe they've not gotten over the frontal conditions? We ended the day with 61 fish, 19 bluegill and the rest crappie. Not a great outing for us, but it was nice to get out on the water after the extremely hot & humid conditions we've faced the past 3 weeks. Hopefully, we'll be able to give it another go this week. Here's a sample of of our crappies for today:

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  79.7 KB

That's all for today folks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes crappiebob, "G", Glenn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'