Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello All!

Hopefully some of Y'all remember me... For those of you that thought or wished I passed on, I'm still here. Been living in Key West now over 2 years and boy do I miss the Crappie and all of you. 2004 I think is the first tournament we had that I went to and I promise you'll not find good times like that here. I am still a Chief in the Navy and for some reason or another I am staying longer than 20 so I may be back in the area but it's up in the air. The salt life is still not for me and I can't wait to get back to fresh water or brackish as it was. Any way if I am able to return up there it'll be just the wife and I since my 2 Kids are grown. If I don't go there maybe I'll chat on another state though I doubt the Navy will get me to one worthy.

Regards,

JD
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD
    Likes Idunno, Aquadog LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you JD. I was down there for a while during the Cuban crisis. Don't miss it a bit.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

JD, good to hear from you, come on back some of my best fishing is all ways 100' from where you were sitting
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and if you were wondering, Dayton is still around and he's still short and round

Post Thanks / Like

I do miss y'all. Someday I'll come back to knock them slabs out on the NWR. Hopefully Farmer is still stacking deer up next to crops, Dayton is still smiling. Tahoe is rockin that S-10 I hope. Jim b is enjoying my boat 4th hand (last I heard with a bigger motor). George is putting miles and miles on that Lund. And so on. Point is I remember every spot on the NWR the Boscoe poached and all the people and I miss it.
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a few dinks up Blackwater Creek a short time ago. Thought of you and wondered where all your hot spots were?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelFun View Post
    I do miss y'all. Someday I'll come back to knock them slabs out on the NWR. Hopefully Farmer is still stacking deer up next to crops, Dayton is still smiling. Tahoe is rockin that S-10 I hope. Jim b is enjoying my boat 4th hand (last I heard with a bigger motor). George is putting miles and miles on that Lund. And so on. Point is I remember every spot on the NWR the Boscoe poached and all the people and I miss it.
    I luv your old boat!!!!! The 70 I put on the boat pushes it over 40 mph and the fuel seems to go for ever. If your ever up this way one of us will take you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I have a bid in to go back next spring. We will see what happens. At the very least I hope to go up and fish. Jim I am glad you enjoy it. Still wish I could have kept it but I guess 11 or 12 years was a good amount of time with her.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Would be good to see you again JD. Have not had to pull the trigger on a woods goat in two years. That makes me a happy farmer. Seems mother nature got more sick of them than I am and unleashed biological warfare on their a$$es. Of course the local hunting club blammed Dad and I for the herd number plummeting. Had to go to a meeting of theirs and explain the situation and two members almost got the cussing of their lives (I presented my case to them with just a handful of colorful metaphors placed in the optimum parts of the presentation just to let them know that any snide remarks would be met by a nuclear meltdown of new and improved cuss words I have personally added to the English language). Also told them if they didn't shoot em. I would. Been nice not having to with disease and coyotes keeping them in check.
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you JD. Hopefully you are getting some time to fish while you are down there.
    NWR beckons you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast