Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clearwater Non-Report

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Clearwater Non-Report

Hit Clearwater Lake Sunday for the first time this year. Being aware that the Department of Conservation's crappie prospects were poor for the lake this year, I didn't have high hopes. Well, I found out the lake was 20 feet high when I arrived. Went ahead and launched in the parking lot at State Park and headed across to Logan Creek. I was marking plenty of fish from 12-20 feet down. Put out the cranks and planers. After 30 minutes of trolling, I finally caught a 9 1/2 inch crappie. It looked pretty poor so back in it went. Trolled for another hour and a half without a bite. The lake lice started coming out in force, so I reeled up and went to the marina for a cheeseburger. Sat there and ate lunch and watched the ski boats and PWC's churn up the lake. Decided to ride around and see some of the lake that normally can't get too. It was a beautiful day. One fish but I did see a bald eagle catch one off my starboard side. That was cool.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer about the crappie fishing on Clearwater, fished that lake a lot when I was a kid. But that had to be cool watching an eagle snatch a fish, beautiful animal.
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Outfished by a bird. I know that feeling!

I'm used to getting outfished by an ass. At Spring Camp, anyway.

Likes Clownfish, 1MObowhunter, Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Every now and then the lake wins. But as was mentioned the time out was super.

Post Thanks / Like

In my fishing log book that is one of the toughest lakes to fish. It can be good but its always a challenge. Trolled cranks there a couple years ago and didn't even catch a leaf.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst part is the thought of what it could be...or should be. That's the part that gnaws at me. I can take a bad fishing trip or two.

Post Thanks / Like

you should have been with me, I been killin them,,,,, just pickin on you, glad you did get away for a day out, hope next trip is better