Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle 648VS Deluxe ... Anybody have one?

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle 648VS Deluxe ... Anybody have one?

I see quite a bit of info posted here about the 754vs, but not much at all about the smaller 648vs Deluxe models.

I realize the smaller 648 model is not as popular as the 754, but was wondering if anyone here is running one of the 648's, and if so, what do you like / dislike about the boat.

Appreciate any info you might have to offer.

Thanks,
    YB

Post Thanks / Like

My uncle has one.. it is a good riding boat the 8 degree dead rise. But..... for fishing the war eagle lacks alot. Just a plain boat. I have a Triton 1650 and I like it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the info. How does the ride of your Triton compare to your uncles 648? What do you like better about the Triton? More storage? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I think the ride is about the same.. I have a 50hp merc 2 stroke tiller on mine. His is under powered with a 25 yama 4stroke. I like the layout of mine better. Mine has a k bench in the back where his has a straight one. And yes I have storage under the front deck and rod box.Name:  IMG_20160404_142928298.jpg
Views: 1765
Size:  51.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I have redone the mount for the troller so it is in the boat and put new seats.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one, it was a good boat to fish oxbow lakes but it was too big to run backwater timber and too small for reservoir
    fishing. It is a tough boat. Depending on how you had it loaded, it would run around 25 to 30 MPH on slick water. I
    would get about 10 years out of them. Fishing out one most of the year and knocking down saplings, jumping logs and
    roads for 60 days during duck season.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the input guys.
    But just to clarify, I'm speaking of the Stick Steer models specifically.

Thanks,
    YB

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 754vs and looked at the 648. My big thing was the lack of storage space. It should ride good and handle good. Depends on what kind of fishing your going to do and what you want in a boat. It's a pretty bare bones set up.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the info cray. Yeah, that lack of storage on the 648 will probably be a deal killer for me. None of the stick steer boats I've seen online are that great for storage, but the 648 really seems to be lacking.

Thanks,
    YB

Post Thanks / Like

The ranger 1652 looks like a great set up for crappie fishing with some storage space....i would love to put new 30 hp etec behind one to fish out of
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Bill View Post
    Appreciate the info cray. Yeah, that lack of storage on the 648 will probably be a deal killer for me. None of the stick steer boats I've seen online are that great for storage, but the 648 really seems to be lacking.

Thanks,
    YB
    Southern Life Outdoors Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast