PDA

View Full Version : how many ya got............

Jakesdad
08-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Just out of curiousity how many tubes,grubs,jigheads,etc. or panfish tackle in general do you guys have? Especially you guys that have been at it a while. I ask for no other reason than i'm at work and there is very little going on!

(PS- pics are always nice to see)

DaveB40
08-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Too many !!!! My wife says I should start using ALL of the stuff I buy, instead of
just collecting...... Good luck & Tight Lines - Dave

Locator79
08-11-2016, 02:06 PM
LOL....I'll never tell!!

stormcloud
08-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Plenty plus 16 on the poles.

CrappiePappy
08-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Uhhh, let's see .... at the rate I'm going now, considering how often I get to go, plus how many I lose per trip, and not purchasing any more "new" items ... I think I'm good for the next 150 years, give or take a decade or two :biggrin

Seriously though ... the "container" that I carry my "baits" in, even minus the weight of it and the plastic boxes within, would still weigh close to 15lbs. And that's without the box that contains my spider rigging/pushing weights (which weighs 10lbs) or my "newly started" crank bait box (which weighs only 2lbs). And there's probably nearly that much in other tackle boxes, bags, & buckets that are stored away in my "fishing closet".

Ketchn
08-11-2016, 02:17 PM
1 large ice chest full , 1 5 gallon bucket full , 2 large tackle bags or maybe 3 full , then several small tackle bags full and of course one compartment in the boat full to the top .....enough to last me about 200 years er so maybe total :Rofl
p.s. not counting the work bench and Styrofoam board in the ole garage ....LOL

ad1974
08-11-2016, 02:43 PM
More then I'll ever use,that's for sure.

wannabe fisherman
08-11-2016, 05:09 PM
I can't count that high :Rofl

sinkermaker
08-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Enough to outfit 2 boats and not have change anything from one boat to the other

Clint
08-11-2016, 07:49 PM
If you can count or even guess how many,you don't have enough.

Semo
08-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Seems like no matter how many rigs I have I always need more and no matter how many ways I have of storing them, I always wind up fishing out of a plastic bag from Grizzly Jig or Walmart.

eagle 1
08-11-2016, 08:38 PM
246021246022246023246024246025 JUST NARROWED IT DOWN TO THESE , NO NEED TO TAKE STUFF YOU KNOW YOU WANT USE .:biggrin

TGIII
08-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Let us see here,

there was enough gear to divy it up and outfit a couple personal pontoon boats and a kayak, we'll be able to fish the gear we have for quite awhile.

NIMROD
08-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Several thousand but 95 % or more all the same tube and 1/3 of those same color . Spend more time catching and less time changing baits . It's hard to beat a Southern Pro umbrella tube rigged on a 1/8 oz unpainted jig head . Purple/Chartreuse works where I fish and if it ain't broke don't fix it . Hard to beat any dark color with Chartreuse . I used to think I needed tons of different baits but presentation and confidence sure helps .

Crestliner08
08-12-2016, 06:17 PM
More than I'll ever used with the rest of my life. But on the bright side, the grandkids will be well replenished. :)

Nutbush
08-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Nimrod, would you mind taking a pic of your rig you just mentioned? And also, how do you normally fish it?

Redge
08-12-2016, 06:57 PM
I'm with CP and Ketchin, enough to last 150-200 years!

Special K
08-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Over the last many years I have tried to scale down from all that I've bought over the years... designed primarily to catch fisherman... to just the primary colors and profiles that I know actually get-r-done to catch fish... from lots of trial and error and experience. Still got a bunch of fishing tackle though and (ironically) no boat to fish from... GO FIGURE!!!! You can't make this stuff up. I believe this condition surely must be documented in the New England Journal of Medicine (or somewhere) as some type of chronic addiction or OCD that totally defies all manner of logic and/or reason.

doggone
08-12-2016, 09:12 PM
thousands....and usually have to end up giving some away or throwing them away because they got to old,hot,or something. If you multi- species angle in rivers,lakes,swamps,oxbows,creeks etc.,using a lot of different techniques you need a broad selection.You will catch the majority of fish on 10 to 20 items. But if you fish with a partner you will find days he has something you don't or maybe something you do but need to switch.If you don't your gonna get hammered...sometimes embarrassingly so.

I have seen guys get so mad that there "go to" lure was not working they would stomp their feet and cuss and swear, and just be totally bewildered. Some so hard headed they would sit and watch you catch fish and sulk. Most of them if they make enough trips figure out to stop wasting time and switch to what's working. I have been having tough days before on Lakes that I have fished for thirty or more years and caught thousands and thousands of fish from...only to run into a guy catching fish who had never fished there with something I have never fished with. And I have done the same at places I have never fished a few times.

I know a lot of people don't believe this stuff. All I can say is their experiences differ greatly from my own.

But none of this applies to trolling,spider rigging, or tournament style fishing. I don't do any of that. Also limited vertical fishing these days.

lowe175
08-12-2016, 11:22 PM
More than I care to think about. Plus I have 2 gallons of plastic no yet made up. Also a lot of marabou and hair jigs and that's not counting the bass tackle and stripe stuff. Don't forget about catfish and sait water ether lol
No wonder I don't have any money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NIMROD
08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Nimrod, would you mind taking a pic of your rig you just mentioned? And also, how do you normally fish it?

check it out here
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/content.php?r=406-Bait-size-what-is-too-big

Hanr3
08-15-2016, 09:47 PM
About a 100 hooks and two dozen bobbers. I slip bobber fish 90% of the time....

Having said that. I have one hard sided tackle box for slip bobber fishing, and 4 dozen plastic trays for soft plastics and hard baits. Then there is Walleye, Bass, and a little bit of Muskie gear. And about a dozen of so tackle boxes that haven't seen the light of day in years. Plus stuff in the boat and on the shelves in the garage...
Oh, plus I have some loose Charlie Brewer Crappie Slider gear.

I also started making my own lures....
One of these days I'll have to stop slip bobber fishing...
:biggrin

NIMROD
08-16-2016, 11:13 AM
I slip bobber fish 90% of the time....

I also started making my own lures....
One of these days I'll have to stop slip bobber fishing...
:biggrin

Why ? If it works and you like it stick with it but does'nt hurt to try other methods if it ain't working . :twocents

DRPEPPER
08-16-2016, 12:24 PM
About 10 years ago, I ordered about $60 worth of stuff from MidSouth. Still have 99% of it. Since then I have started long lining, and dragging cranks. I want a bigger boat. But, I know if I get one, I will just fill it with more stuff. I have been fishing with Darrel Morris and Jerry Blake. They both have a rod for each occasion. But, their hooks, sinkers, and bobbers were in a Walmart sack. I learned something there. DP

Spoonminnow
08-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Far too many to use in one lifetime! In fact they will never get used because I prefer my own hand poured soft plastics and designs I came up with over the last few years.

Jakesdad
08-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Far too many to use in one lifetime! In fact they will never get used because I prefer my own hand poured soft plastics and designs I came up with over the last few years.

Well it it would be a shame for em to never get used so you could always send em my way. I'll make sure they get a good home. :)

spoofhound
08-16-2016, 10:01 PM
more than enuf to outfit any kid wanting to get into crappie fishing. have done this many times and still have more than one person can use in a iifetime. i have found over the years too like many others have said that i find myself catching 95% of my crappie on 10% of my tackle. my wife thinks that i need professional help sometimes. she might be right.

Hanr3
08-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Why ? If it works and you like it stick with it but does'nt hurt to try other methods if it ain't working . :twocents

I know, right? Slip bobber fishing works in all conditions. I try to learn a new method/technique every year and there are some days when they outproduce live bait.

CrappieFlopper
08-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Enough to start my own bait shop!

wannabe fisherman
08-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Enough to start my own bait shop!

that's what my wife tells me :Rofl

ROCK
08-20-2016, 06:50 AM
i'm addicted to plastic,if it's out there I've got it or had it at one time or another.

Mosquitopat
08-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Gotta find someone to give my stuff to b4 I go....lol gobs & gobs! :popcorn

RiverSlabber
08-21-2016, 07:38 AM
More than my wife wants me to have! Ha! But way less than some of you guys. The collection grows every time im at gander though.

trypman1
08-21-2016, 10:12 AM
It's a sickness- but I have thousands!! I love them all.

T-roy 120
08-22-2016, 05:38 AM
I have countless packs of slider grubs and panfish assassin's. Those are about all I ever use. I try and keep it simple and what works.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jigfisherx
08-26-2016, 05:55 PM
I figure about 50 pounds of plastics with a similar amount of jig heads if you put them all in one place. Keep back stock in the garage along with my regular tackle box and a smaller box I carry when I'm in another boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosquitopat
08-27-2016, 04:07 PM
It's a sickness- but I have thousands!! I love them all.
I feel exactly the same way [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk