Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHo's catching fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default WHo's catching fish

Who are catching fish right now and what is your presentation, depth, colors, jig size etc.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Fished an hour and a half this afternoon, caught 4 on an orange and chartruse jig vertical jiging in eddys and slack water. Jig head was 1/8 ounce..

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm catching fish in 40 degree water. They are in a creek channel which is average'n 12' to 15' deep. Fish are suspended in tops in mid channel not on edges of drops like normal. I catch some verticle jigging ,biut most by pendeluming baits past the tops. Other words pitching past and letting it swing over the top as it sinks.They are hitting on the fall. I use 1/8 oz leadhead and big umbrella tubes. Pink /white or black / chartruse.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

hey mighty im still doing pretty good at flint creek . water temps have been 40 to 43 on the surface. ive been catching them on the shallow side of the channel in 5 to 11ft of water. they seem to be hanging out in the blowdowns that are in the deeper holes just off the main channel. you ever wanna come over here and try flint creek hollar at me and ill show you around a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught 105 in the last week. Most have been small 6-8" but one day we caught 33 w/ 11 of them over 14". I have been catching them between 12 - 15' on pink/white, char/white, char/black. I have been using a slip cork when the temp does not freeze the water to my line.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 2 today, just getting back on the spawning beds again. Aqua green jig 6" under the cork. Will be there tomorrow.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

caught 9 this evening between the pads and grass 3' of water fished close to the bottom half minnows and half on a chart/black/pink Slater's jig, also caught a redbreast never caught one before they sure are pretty. Most fish were 10'' so threw them all back., forgot my thermometer so will get the temp in the morning, should be back to 62 thursday morning.--shu
    <*(((((><

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught 9 gills through the ice yesterday and caught 6 gills and 1 bass through the ice today. Fishing has been slow here.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been getting them everytime out.
    On the aggresive days we up size & on the tough days we down size to a 100th oz jig & no meat.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Caught 17 in a couple of hours tonight, all males in shallow(2'-3') water, only went to see if the temp came up much it was 62.3 so tomorrow should be THE day.--shu
    <*(((((><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast