Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help on going to Kentucky lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help on going to Kentucky lake.

Guy's never been to Kentucky lake.was going to try to go down in October or November and looking for some help on good place to stay where to fish.only going to fish 2 day's would like to look around and learn the lake.always go to Weiss lake but would like to go a little closer to home.i'm in Ohio by circleville.thank Kentucky lake would be around 6 to 7 hours.thank's Guy's for any help you can give me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's a big lake. Are you focused on the tn portion or the ky portion. A ky fishing license will be valid to the bridge at Paris in tn. With it being in November be sure and check to ensure the selected lodge is open. Some shut down or reduce available units during the winter. Give me an area and I'll try to help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky area.what month do you thank would be best time to fish.that might be able to have some fun.don't keep no fish.we have 5 foster girls and they won't eat fish and wife don't like to eat fish over 1 or 2 times a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like October over November. I would suggest contacting Mrdux here on the forum and set up a guide trip for one of the days for you and the family to have fun and learn the north end of the lake. Cozy cove is a good place to stay. Others here can add additional places. The state resorts, ky dam and Kenlake will have off season rates. They have cabins and regular hotel style rooms.

Its a a beautiful lake filled with awesome history and local lore. The Lbl region, between the lakes are filled with activities including the elk/bison park, planterium, heritage 1880's village, and the nature center to just name a few. Been going to to lakes for 30 plus years and still haven't seen it all. Come on down and have fun.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

and if mrdux is booked try Crappie Stomper Guide AKA "Wiskers" or "Kickin Bass" that's BigBadDad all 3 are members of this site and very qualified to take you out and teach you a little about KY lake.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-10-2016 at 08:51 AM.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes blueball, crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks wannabe, didn't mean to leave them out. Just have brain farts regularly. All of them are good people and good guides. Aside from wiskers, they aren't too ugly either.
    Likes Clint, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure on the ugly part.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Likes Cane Pole, crp4570 LIKED above post