Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to stay and fish of Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best place to stay and fish of Truman

Looking for ideas on places to stay and good place to fish on Truman late September or early October? Nothing fancy. Thinking about a long weekend then.

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best place to stay and fish of Truman

Still working on the date but fall crappie camp will be at Bucksaw the first or second weekend of October. Watch the sticky in off topic thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

I always camp at the state park so I don't have much info regarding a place to stay. But if the crappies are on a summer pattern still, as you cross the mile long bridge, just outside of Warsaw, look at the bluffs on both sides of the bridge. Great area to pull cranks! Also right around the dam is good. The Bledsode access is right there so not much of a run back to the ramp if it gets too windy and rough.

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw has a lot of options: Floating units that may have kitchenettes, Sleeping rooms over the marina, A lodge up the hill that is motel-like, And of course the campgrounds. Fishing is usually pretty good in the Grand arm, too.

Post Thanks / Like

We always stay at Reel and Trigger resort. Very moderate prices and only a few minutes from the state park marina. Nice clean units with kitchens and cable tv. They have their own fish cleaning station. Been staying there for years. From the marina you can be on the Osage, Tebo or Grand in minutes. Here's a link Reel & Trigger Resort
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw. Kitchenette's on the water sleep 3-4. Rent a covered slip so you only have to splash your rig once. Call it done. Not to mention the Grand has some of (if not the best) fishing and folks around.

Have a kitchenette booked for next year that will most likely overlap Crappie Camp and CANNOT wait........been too long since I've been down there.

U
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Never stayed at Bucksaw but their kitchenettes are $115 a night and you can get a cabin at Reel and Trigger for $70 some with a full kitchen and big room. Marina is close and also rents slips. You can be in the grand in about 5 minutes from the marina.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at Grand River resort that is only 1/2 mile from Long Shoal Marina you have access to the lower grand and tebo arms and not too long a run to the dam.
    Long Shoal marina's restaurant has good food also good folks there.

Grand River Resort - Truman Lake located Between Clinton and Warsaw Missouri
    Likes jigfisherx, Crappie Chatt LIKED above post

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfar View Post
    I have stayed at Grand River resort that is only 1/2 mile from Long Shoal Marina you have access to the lower grand and tebo arms and not too long a run to the dam.
    Long Shoal marina's restaurant has good food also good folks there.

Grand River Resort - Truman Lake located Between Clinton and Warsaw Missouri
    We have stayed there as well. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast