Thread: Lake Waccamaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Waccamaw

Anyone ever fish Lake Waccamaw?
    I have not but have always wanted too.
    Any info?
    Thank a Veteran every chance you get.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several times. Large shallow lake that gets very rough with wind. Bass, White Perch, Crappie, and Bream. Watch the alligaters.
    Likes FisherFore, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sea Dancer is spot on about the wind. There's 2 places t put in at, Dupree Landing or the State Park. State Park is where I'd recommend, and this will dump you into Big Creek. It's probably the deepest part of the lake and surrounding creeks/canals. Once you get out into the lake brush pile fishing is your best bet, if you can find any. This lake is the hardest to fish for people that don't have much knowledge of it, and the easiest to fish for those who do,unless you fish for white perch ( there's some big ones in there).

It has some of the biggest crappie and shellcrackers in it around, but they're hard to locate. There's a good many brush piles around the piers and open water closer to Dupree Landing. If you're seriously considering going, wait until it cools down. The skiers and tubers will blow you off this lake.
    Likes FisherFore LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We use to fish it for white perch, I have seen good crappie come from Lake Waccamaw, but I have never caught one. Seen a nice 8lb bass that a fellow caught one day trolling a beetle spin. Best bet is to go during the week when the weather man says 0mph wind. it only takes a little bit on that lake to make it white cap. We always had to leave around lunch time.
    Fishing is a science, study, experiment, fail, and succeed...then start over tomorrow. Yeah I'm a science guy.
    03 18ft Xpress Jon boat Center console 90 HP 4stroke Yamaha Humminbird 1199HD SI
    97 14ft Polar Kraft Jon boat 85 Johnson 30hp Lowrance Elite 5 DSI
    Likes FisherFore LIKED above post