Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tried pulling cranks on Truman...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tried pulling cranks on Truman...

I really like pulling cranks but haven't caught much... plus LOZ rocks (the boat) too much to fish on weekends.

I put in at Shawnee bend at about 8:30. I had seen some interesting flats on the map on both sides of the bridge on the Osage just around the corner from the Shawnee access.

I was surprised to see 3 or 4 boats trolling in the area. I don't know what they were trying to catch but knew they knew a lot more than me. So, I still trolled my LOZ baits, I didn't catch a lot but I lost at least 4 good crappie right at the boat. I am not used to fishing with 8 1/2' rods.

So what did I actually catch? For starters I caught a 24" (Blue?) catfish, 1, 15" wiper, a 12" white bass, 3 crappies all over 10" and two shorts, plus at least 3 drums, plus all the fish I lost... to me equals a fine day on the water.

OH, BTW, I was in Wally World and saw a new crank bait I had never seen before. It was a Ricky Clunn #2, "Freak." Every fish I caught was either on that bait or a 300 pink Bandit (nary a hit on a 200 pink Bandit).
    Last edited by Hank,J; 08-06-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun filled trip was had.
    Good deal

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Hank. That is a good day of fishing in my book also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hank,J View Post

OH, BTW, I was in Wally World and saw a new crank bait I had never seen before. It was a Ricky Clunn #2, "Freak." Every fish I caught was either on that bait or a 300 pink Bandit (nary a hit on a 200 pink Bandit).
    This may be an indication that the fish were holding at a certain depth. A 200 runs around 8' deep, and a 300 goes to 12' I think. Try fishing at different depths until you establish a pattern, then put all baits at that depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day I'd say
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for you at Coffmans Bend on LOZ. Glad you found some thing to stretch the lines.