Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please I need help. Fish finder for stick steer boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please I need help. Fish finder for stick steer boat.

I'm new to Crappie.com and crappie fishing and very impressed with the website. I'm sure it is a lot of options but I purchased a Stick Steer Tracker Panfish 17 and want a fish finder GPS with trolling motor transducer and was totally shocked at the different options out there. It will just have one since no console. Wouldn't mind going to $1000.00 if need be. In Louisiana if that is a factor. Chrip. Si, 2d, Ti, etc. just wasn't sure what was needed. Any help would be very helpful to me. Thanks Very Much!!! Don't think it was this hard picking a wife. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Helix 9 SI GPS will get you most of the technology out there at a good price, list for $999.00 but contact Shut-Up-And-Fish at Marine Electronics & Boating Accessories or some of our other sponsors on here at crappie.com and you may get a better deal than that.
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I run 2. Have a 998 mounted on a swing mount by my right knee with transducer on transom. Then I have a 597 mounted in front of me with ducer on trolling motor. With that budget I would buy a Helix7 SI, buy the HD transducer mount the HD transducer on transom and compact that comes with it on trolling motor. Humminbird makes a switch you can tie both ducer st or and then to unit. That way you use it for running and searching then when you stop to fish pull troller down, flip the switch and have the one on troller. When you do that you will have to into unit and change which ducer you are using.
    Call Brian at BBG Marine and explain what your doing and he can hook you up.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes deltabound, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Duracraft stick steer and I put 2 on mine. Transom mount is an HDS7 touchscreen and I have a HB Helix 5 using the built in transducer on my Terrova.
    If I could only have one I would choose the transom mount because you can use it running around looking for structure or fish. If only a TM mount you are going to be stopping and starting putting the TM down to look and then start over.
    I think after some use, you will have 2.
    If you get a really good transom mount (mine has DI and side scan, you can get by just a good plain vanilla one on the TM. I be sure to get color and sharp detail. I also have GPS on both.
    One the transom for navigating and on the TM for marking brush piles.
    Of course you can run the GPS on the TM one whether the motor is stored or deployed.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

On my crappie magnum stick steer I have a 999 SI unit with Hd transducers on transom and trolling motor and use the switch that cray mentioned above to switch between transducers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpress H20PFC with 150 Vmax SHO
    Ulterra I-pilot Link networked with Helix 10 SI Bow and Dash
    SpyderLock's on the front and Tite-Lok's on the back
    Creekslick Rod Holders and Millennium seats for Summer
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum CypressBoy. I see from your home lake that we are in the same area. There are several c.c members around here.

Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

HDS7s touchers networked. 2d/di foward and 2d/di/si aft. I can see and find, I just can't ketch.

Click the black box for show and tell. kinda.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes skunked again LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 16' stick boat and had a 56 'Bird on it, and this goes back a few years. I used the switch already recommended having 2 'ducers and one unit. Never found the need for more than that. I have since moved into a heavier glass boat that saves my lower back and run two units. Gotta be able to see what's going on, and the extra 'ducer does it well.

And sorry for forgetting my manners, welcome from Central Florida. Glad to have you with us.
    Last edited by skeetbum; 08-06-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really only need 1 unit, but I have a wife that fishes. This is my solution to "how deep the water" call every minute.

Besides, they (sonars) are cool looking on 14 foot Jon.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Lonnie84, SeaRay, Aquadog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

to Crappie.com from South Central Mississippi. Whatever you decide Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin, etc. buy the biggest screen sonar that you can afford as I have found out that the bigger screens are easier to see and read or you will wish you had later.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast