Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish finders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish finders

I think by the number of Crappie anglers on here we could think of a way to get together and learn how to read our locators better. I have talked with the Iowrance people at the Bass Pro seminars and I really did not get the schooling I wanted. Surely, we can figure a way on here to all learn how to read them better. I was thinking I could go out and take pictures of the display, post them here and discuss what we see. Anyone have any Ideas.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePerchJerker
    I think by the number of Crappie anglers on here we could think of a way to get together and learn how to read our locators better. I have talked with the Iowrance people at the Bass Pro seminars and I really did not get the schooling I wanted. Surely, we can figure a way on here to all learn how to read them better. I was thinking I could go out and take pictures of the display, post them here and discuss what we see. Anyone have any Ideas.
    Hey WPJ:

I've tried several times to take pictures of my graph's screen with my digital camera and I've not had much success. If you figure out a way to get some good pictures let me know. When I try to shoot straight on I get a bad reflection and if I try to shoot at an angle I get bad glare. I've thought about turning on the back-light and using a poncho to cover me and the graph while I take pictures without flash but haven't tried that yet.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This fall while fishing on my buddy's boat, i took a couple pictures of a school of crappies we were fishing. His locater is an older model but the fish showed up really well.

We caught quite a few of them too.

I'll take some pics this spring with my Eagle 480 and see what i get.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

I have accumulated over the time from another fishing site a number of screen shots of fish finders with explanations of what is being shown on the screen.

Hope you can learn something from them. The print from the screen shots are pretty small to read but I have the file in PDF version. Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a PDF copy of the screen shots.

Or if someone know where I can upload the file for people to download. The PDF file is 1.2 megs.

Post Thanks / Like

continued:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey WPJ:

I've tried several times to take pictures of my graph's screen with my digital camera and I've not had much success. If you figure out a way to get some good pictures let me know. When I try to shoot straight on I get a bad reflection and if I try to shoot at an angle I get bad glare. I've thought about turning on the back-light and using a poncho to cover me and the graph while I take pictures without flash but haven't tried that yet.
    The trick is a polarizer on the camera. Don't know if yours can be fitted with one, but it will make a big difference.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure Nice Looking Pic.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW maybe I should have just spent the money for a Lowrance. I just bout me a new Humminbird 525 for my big boat. All I had was the cheap one that came mounted on the console and never have bought another one till now. I wanted one to mount on my trolling motor and did not want to spend a lot of money on it but wanted a decent one. Although I did spend a lot of money on my GPS I bout two years ago and I don't even use it as much as I thought I would. But it is still nice to have.
    I have just purchased another small 14' jon with a trailer and a Humminbird wide 100 on it and I'm going to purchase the wiring to mount my new 525 on it when I use this boat. I'm going to use it on both boats.
    Any advise if this Humminbird will work for what I want to do. All I want it for is to help me find my structure easier in deeper water. I'm not into the side imaging thing or the color screens.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Xtream
    WOW maybe I should have just spent the money for a Lowrance. I just bout me a new Humminbird 525 for my big boat. All I had was the cheap one that came mounted on the console and never have bought another one till now. I wanted one to mount on my trolling motor and did not want to spend a lot of money on it but wanted a decent one. Although I did spend a lot of money on my GPS I bout two years ago and I don't even use it as much as I thought I would. But it is still nice to have.
    I have just purchased another small 14' jon with a trailer and a Humminbird wide 100 on it and I'm going to purchase the wiring to mount my new 525 on it when I use this boat. I'm going to use it on both boats.
    Any advise if this Humminbird will work for what I want to do. All I want it for is to help me find my structure easier in deeper water. I'm not into the side imaging thing or the color screens.

Crappie X.
    When you get your 525 adjusted properly it will do everything you need it to do. When you see the returns of cover or fish coming on the screen you'll know what you're seeing is right under your transducer because it is a single, narrow beam graph. You should be able to see a 1/16-ounce jig on it and clearly identify cover and fish and their depth.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePerchJerker
    Here is a link to a thread I started back in December on the VA board that addresses what you are asking about.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=29369
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast