PDA

View Full Version : Cooking the catch

Indigo Flats
08-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Just like to say been grilling on my charcoal grill lately. All fish that has been caught lately I have been rubbing down with olive oil then salt and pepper and placed on the grill 8 minutes first side 7 minutes second side, they have been awful good fall off the bone can't get no better than that. For got to take pictures.

JET4
08-02-2016, 01:34 PM
sounds good

NIMROD
08-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Thanks , we are all looking for ways to avoid frying all our catches .

Nutbush
08-02-2016, 04:11 PM
How do you keep them from sticking to the grate?

Indigo Flats
08-02-2016, 04:46 PM
How do you keep them from sticking to the grate? I spray the rack with Pam or you could just oil them with vegetable oil that should work. It is a lot easier than frying fish and test very good.

Indigo Flats
08-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Now I eat the whole fish but the two large strips that run down the spine come of boneless. All fish work great from small bream to bass, I do not remove the heads when I clean my fish they are two large chunks of meat that you lose if you behead them.

wannabe fisherman
08-03-2016, 05:00 AM
OH MAN I gotta cut their heads off, I can't eat anything looking back at me :Rofl

Hanr3
09-05-2016, 01:48 PM
I also like to grill my fish. I prefer to fillet like normal except leave the skin side on. I place the skin side down on a piece of aluminum foil, oil/butter, spice to taste and cook until done. The skin stay attached to the foil, leaving the meat to eat. Finger licking good...

Adcarson79
09-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I also like to grill my fish. I prefer to fillet like normal except leave the skin side on. I place the skin side down on a piece of aluminum foil, oil/butter, spice to taste and cook until done. The skin stay attached to the foil, leaving the meat to eat. Finger licking good...

Wish I had read that post about an hour and a half ago. Grilled my catch and ended up leaving a bunch stuck to the foil. It was excellent, however. Just a little bit of garlic salt and olive oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk