Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pulled cranks on glaize arm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pulled cranks on glaize arm

Paul and I pulled cranks out of pb1 today only 4 keeper crappie. Think it was 1gar 3bass 1drum, along with 2 wanted to be keeper crappie. Not alot for the fridge but a good day was had. Sorry no pics Paul had a bad hair day
    Likes south point, LSL Angler, long poler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Not glad to hear the crappie bite was not good for you guys. But, as a newbie trying to learn how to pull cranks, it makes me feel a little less like a newbie doing everything wrong. I am thinking I am not fishing deep enough... I am seeing huge balls of baitfish from 15 - 20' and bigger fish at 22 - 28' that could be predators feeding.

The problem is getting a crappie sized bait that deep... I'm hearing about Tadpoles and wondering about Dipsy Divers...

Personal problems, (funerals and such) are keeping me off the lakes... Lookout next week, here I come!

Post Thanks / Like

You know Paul is good at catching those non target fish so you know you will catch something when you bring him along.
    Likes ripnlips, south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hank,J We had a hard time finding them. Several stretches that worked in the past produced nothing or nts. About the time we found shad and fish around them and started to catch a few the big boats came out and we could not stay there. I believe if we had found that spot earlier we would have put several in the cooler. Also noted that shad colored with a streak of yellow outcaught all the other colors we were using on all species of fish. Line counter at 100ft. speed 1.3-1.5. Paul used his baitcaster with a mark on his line at 100ft.
    Likes Manny LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got away and caught a few... By bad hair day, do you mean Paul couldn't get his mustache to smile?

Getting creative by marking the line! When we judge how far back we are trolling, we go by right next to the boat, then a short cast, then medium, then long cast(about 100ft) lastly a long cast and let some line out.
    Likes ripnlips LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well with Paul involved its,did it get cast are you going to cast, is that a backlass, you going to fish or as I do most of the time just watch my poles and call it good.
    Likes dfar, south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    Hank,J We had a hard time finding them. Several stretches that worked in the past produced nothing or nts. About the time we found shad and fish around them and started to catch a few the big boats came out and we could not stay there. I believe if we had found that spot earlier we would have put several in the cooler. Also noted that shad colored with a streak of yellow outcaught all the other colors we were using on all species of fish. Line counter at 100ft. speed 1.3-1.5. Paul used his baitcaster with a mark on his line at 100ft.
    Thanks, that is valuable information. I just bought 2 new line counter reels. Apparently i haven't been putting out lures more than 50 - 60.'

I fish by myself because all my fishing buds are dead. My goal in life is to be as good at catching crappie as I was good at catching bass in the 1980's.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post