Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bandit Repair?

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bandit Repair?

I have a handfull of bandits that gar have managed to sink. Has any one tried to repair them? I was thinking of drilling a small hole on the bottom side blow all of the water out and let dry. Then put fingernail polish over the holes or holes and then use gorilla glue construction adhesive to fill in the drilled hole.

Thanks,
    Don
    Retired USN

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to add lead shot to Zara Spook and other topwater baits. I used a toothpaste tube size of silicone to seal them and never had any issues. Put the tip on the holes, squeeze,and push to the side. No lump left behind and never leaked. A piece of toothpick to fill the hole and some Sally Hansons Hard as Nails would do the job too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I green carp fished I busted em up on a regular basis on rip rap and other rocks. Fixed em just like Skeet said bore a hole get water out. Fill big hole just like he said. Fingernail polish takes care of the rest or if you got a bunch mix up up some slow cure epoxy.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am a taxidermist I we use a product called apoxie sculpt .. Fill in your holes with this product then use a airbrush to touch up the colors and re clear coat ... it will be as good as new