Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sleepy Fish I Guess!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleepy Fish I Guess!

Do some lakes just not produce well at night? I've been night fishing a few times over the past few years on the same lake and never seem to do much good. A friend of mine who's grandfather used to lives and had a dock on the lake back when he was alive said the lake was not good at night either. I keep thinking I will change that but not yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I knew the answer to your question... I always intend on doing some night fishing, but can't seem to stay awake past dark no more... Lol... me and the fish may be on the same page.. I reckon. :-)
    Likes Blackhawk19, Redge, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i think there is some kind of something that makes some better than others . i know of one in particular that is flat out full of slabs but yet when me and friends try it in the dark we get a flat out spanking ....even close to dusk and you may as well just head home . i imagine they go roaming out in open water ....even lights dont seem to bring much bait in either ....
    wish i knew what the answer was to the question for sure ,but there do seem to be lakes like that
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried a little night fishing for crappie but with lights but haven't done much good. I have caught a bunch around docks with lights throwing jigs. Years ago I was fishing close to a couple of docks and about an hour after dark a boat eased across the lake and pulled up right in front of us. He told us, "guys, I don't want to mess you up but I've been catching a bunch of good crappie here around 10 o'clock every night. We fished around him, catching a few ourselves but I always fished it a little harder after that and we did pretty good. Caught some bluegill and some nice shellcracker as well. Used 1/64 oz. jigs with tiny tubes. Pinch off the tentacles behind the hook if you want to catch the bluegill. A great way to spend an evening in early April & May.

I've read where a lot of guys will put out their lights pulling in the baitfish but it seems to take several hours for the fish to move in. Seems like when they do, game on, and they can load the boat in a hurry. It is fun to see all the baitfish move around and then see a nice crappie dart thru them.
    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post