Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Hot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too Hot?

Up here in "cold" country, we're experiencing a severe heat wave. Been 4 days now with temps in the mid 90's and it looks like it's going to continue for another few days at least! Very high humidity to boot and little to no breezes for most of the mornings. I can't even imagine how oppressive the heat must be for you folks down south.

Do you even bother to get out much during these hot spells? How do you deal with the heat? I'm too old (poor night vision) to be doing much night fishing, but if you folks do get out during the daylight hours, how do you do it?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

If you do it you do it early. I aint doing it again till about September.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Real early for just a few hours. Or don't go at all. I been staying in. My electric bill reflects it. lol
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's been high 90's to low 100's here for a few weeks, about the only thing I do is get on the water at or before sunrise and fish for about 2 hrs! 3hrs if they're really biting, it doesn't seem as hot when they're biting! :-))))))))))))0

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Likes Crestliner08, shipahoy41, "D", trypman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

just got back from a lunch time visit under the bridge in the shade .....could a went swimming and not been as wet as I was when I rolled out of there .
    but one thing for sure ...all the fish were in the shade under that bridge in numbers as well ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

it has been hellabama here for the past three weeks. 4am to 8am if you want to be outside. After that find yourself some a/c fast.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Blackhawk19, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Its been really hot here as well.....We took the weekend off from fishing and just tried to stay cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be going this weekend, I'll start at daylight and fish as long as I can then I'll put up my 9' umbrella. This weekend if the wind isn't blowing a little then I'll put my 12vdc to 120vac inverter on the boat and plug in a fan. When that isn't enough I go home.

Bobby McGaha
    3250 Harrison St. Ste. 300
    Batesville, AR 72501
    870-612-5300

Securities offered through First Allied Securities, Inc., A Registered Broker/Dealer. Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through First Allied Advisory Services, Inc. A Registered Investment Adviser.

Post Thanks / Like

Just sit under the A/C, plug my I Pad up to the TV and watch videos of others catching them while arranging the tackle box. Don't get to taste any that way but I don't have to clean them either.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's all what you condition yourself to do. It's usually 7'till 11 or 12 for me with a big umbrella and a jug of ice water, short britches and light cotten shirt. I had never slept in AC until I joined the Navy at age 19.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast