Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 7/21/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 7/21/16

Walt & I launched around the same time today, 7:15 am. First fish in the boat by 7:25! But it was a bluegill and not our target species, the crappie. Water temp was still around 75 degrees but the first morning air was cool, with low humidity, around 53 degrees. Not bad to start out with. However, there was very little to no breezes until around 9:30 am, which made things difficult for us. Casting was our only option and we didn't do all that bad at it. Much easier to drift though!

We ended up calling it quits just before 1 pm. Just too darn hot out there! Parking lot temp was 89 degrees, with a very light breeze. Our tally for the day was 83 fish. With 19 being bluegill, the most we've ever taken on any one trip. The rest were crappie and most were, once again, taken on drifted 1/8 oz. ball heads dressed with straight tails. Although I did catch some on the Slider Grubs, as well as my "helgy" jig.

We both caught about equal amounts with two rods each, while drifting. Walt got the better fish this trip out and here are a few of his picture worthy fish:

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  Walt_2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  Walt_3.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  133.5 KB

Those are some real beauties. By about 11:30 am we were getting pretty beat out there. Can't do it like we use to! We'll just have to save the 5 pm pull offs for the younger whipper-snappers out there!

Doesn't look like we'll be heading out again until this heat wave moderates. Suppose to be in the 90's over the next several days, with no rain or break in the heat. Not good for these old bones. Maybe by mid week next we'll be back on the water.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "D", Brimfisher LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great "hot" trip. we could all use some cool.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I wear similar hats to keep the sun off
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'