Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 7/19/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 7/19/16

Launched around 7:15 am this morning. Air was already up to 66 degrees. Water was 74 degrees. The wind was crazy today. From calm to heavy...then back to calm and so forth. From differing directions as well. Made things a tad difficult to say the least.

We drifted mostly 1/8 oz. ball heads with a variety of plastics. Again, the straight tail was most productive - in pink/chartreuse. Another start today proved to be that "helgy" that I wrote about previously. I'm thinking this is going to be on one of my rods at all times from now on. Accounted for my better fish too. And when they took it, there was no lip hooking....they fat sucked it down!

We pulled off at around 2 pm again, as usual. Ended up with 95 fish between us. Nine were bluegill, the rest crappie, with one yellow perch. Nothing really big, but here are a few pictures:

Name:  Rich_1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  Walt_1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  Rich_2.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  91.0 KB

All in all a decent day, tho not one of our better days. There was a 2 1/2 hr. period where we experienced very little action. This usually corresponded to the wind dying down. Before we pull off each time, I try to get a snapshot of what this area looks like. Helps me perk up in the dead of winter!

Name:  Scene.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  50.6 KB

Yada...yada....yada.....that's all folks!
    Last edited by "D"; 07-21-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another good day on the Q!
    Thanks for posting it up.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awsum....I enjoy your reports and pics
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice again.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both